Probing for C axis alignment
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Probing for C axis alignment

Posted this in the Haas forum but maybe someone here can add any insight...
    It seems the Renishaw probing cycles included with our new UMC-500 do not include macro programs to probe & align the C axis, Having run other 5 axis machines with Fanuc and Mazak controls, that cycle was part of the 9818 macro. By specifying a "K" value, that would determine the probing axis. I do have a message sent to our local HFO but haven't heard back yet. Not sure why Haas wouldn't include this, especially with a 5 axis machine.. If anyone has any information they could share it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How familiar with the renishaw cycles are you? You can use 9843 to find XY angle, which would be C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Renishaw Inspection +, supplied with Haas, does not support 5 axis, and has no slightest idea of existence of rotary axes. Although not explained in your post, seems that you are trying to align C axis while its rotary table is vertical, and in fact becomes A axis (rotates around X axis). By definition macro 9817 deals with configuration, but be careful while executing it. I personally would prefer to have full control on what is happening and to write small program (presented on forum several times), to perform this task.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a macro to load that will calculate the angle and set the c axis to zero for you
    Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post
    There is a macro to load that will calculate the angle and set the c axis to zero for you
    Don

I don't see that macro in my manual.. Fanuc and Mazak use that orientation in the 9818 macro by specifying a "K" value. K 3. for example if the flat was along X and K4. if it's along Y. with the trunnion at B0.0
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in my description.. trying to orient the C axis with the table perpendicular to the spindle (B0.0)

Renishaw updated the 9843 angle find macro to include an "S" input to update work offset, but Haas hasn't fully included them yet. Renishaw gave me a program to load and try. If anyone else is interested, I can forward it along.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what I use to “indicate” a part parallel to the x axis. Just jog the probe to the front left corner and edit the I value to however wide your part is. I have another program in memory to align c by probing 2 bores or webs.

7. Likes slev liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D Nelson View Post

This is what I use to “indicate” a part parallel to the x axis. Just jog the probe to the front left corner and edit the I value to however wide your part is. I have another program in memory to align c by probing 2 bores or webs.

you mentioned having a cycle that uses two bores. was wondering if you would be willing to share that