Problem with FANUC 16i-MA
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Problem with FANUC 16i-MA

    Hi everybody.
    I have a problem with a program in fanuc 16i-MA controller.
    The program starts normally, but when the program reads the first G01, the program doesn't jump to the next line.

    The system doesn't show any alarm

    Could anybody helps me?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California... + other states & several countries on 3 continents
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Can you post that section of the code and what machine is this?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    the line is this
    G1 Z38.0 S2000
    i have a mori seiki SH-500

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Warren, PA
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    you need a "F"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Sorry instead "S" is "F"
    the line is G1 Z38.0 F2000

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMoreno View Post
    Sorry instead "S" is "F"
    the line is G1 Z38.0 F2000
    The feed rate is probably too fast. Is this a lathe or a mill?
    Try F20.0 or is it in mm????

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    845
    Likes (Received)
    2806

    Default

    Silly I know......but Is the feedrate override at 0% ?.......
    Doors closed?
    Machine Lock on?......

    Run it again, when it hangs press the 'pos' button and see if it's showing any 'remaining distance' for Z.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    191

    Default

    Check for a G94 somewhere in your program before that line, make sure it is there. Use a decimal place at the end. Is it not moving at all or is it moving very slow?


    Husker

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ridgefield, WA
    Posts
    1,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    538

    Default

    Try posting a bit more code. It's possible that the machine is doing something else in the background and it's waiting for a confirmation signal to confirm the event before continuing. Something like putting a tool away after a tool change, and the tool changer hangs up or times out for example...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskermcdoogle View Post
    Check for a G94 somewhere in your program before that line, make sure it is there. Use a decimal place at the end. Is it not moving at all or is it moving very slow?


    Husker
    The machine doesn't move.
    The part of the program is

    N1
    G21
    M98P9005
    M98P9010
    G0G80G40G91G30Z0
    G0G91G30X0Y0
    M11
    G28B0.0
    M10
    IF[#147EQ1]GOTO2
    IF[#147NE1]THEN#3000=99
    IF[#1000EQ1]THEN#3000=93
    N2
    M1


    N60(N6 M14 PORTING TOOL)
    T06
    M6
    M8M88M80
    (G0G90B0.)
    IF[#5024NE0]THEN#3000=10
    (PART #1)
    G0G90G54.1P21
    G43H6X91.1Y16.7Z68.0T07M3S11500
    Z62.0
    G1Z38.0F2000.0 ----THIS LINE ISN'T EXECUTE
    G0Z90.0

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMoreno View Post
    The machine doesn't move.
    The part of the program is

    N1
    G21
    M98P9005
    M98P9010
    G0G80G40G91G30Z0
    G0G91G30X0Y0
    M11
    G28B0.0
    M10
    IF[#147EQ1]GOTO2
    IF[#147NE1]THEN#3000=99
    IF[#1000EQ1]THEN#3000=93
    N2
    M1


    N60(N6 M14 PORTING TOOL)
    T06
    M6
    M8M88M80
    (G0G90B0.)
    IF[#5024NE0]THEN#3000=10
    (PART #1)
    G0G90G54.1P21
    G43H6X91.1Y16.7Z68.0T07M3S11500
    Z62.0
    G1Z38.0F2000.0 ----THIS LINE ISN'T EXECUTE
    G0Z90.0

    Insert a G94 after the G1.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    i forgot to mention that this problem is ocational and the system never displays any alarm

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    191

    Default

    I think I got it Next time it does it check in your custom atc screen to see if you have tool change door close confirmation. If not you either have a prox going bad on your cylinder, or it needs adjustment.


    Husker

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskermcdoogle View Post
    I think I got it Next time it does it check in your custom atc screen to see if you have tool change door close confirmation. If not you either have a prox going bad on your cylinder, or it needs adjustment.


    Husker
    Ok, let's me check that....we also think it is a problem with temperature...but i'm not sure.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •