What's new
What's new

Problem sequence restarting on okuma

jjreynolds178

Plastic
For some reason I can’t use sequence restart on my osp u100l.
I hit the restart soft key and enter a line or block number press enter and the sequence restart and nothing happens. There must be something I am missing?

For some reason I can’t use sequence restart on my osp u100l.
I hit the restart soft key and enter a line or block number press enter and the sequence restart and nothing happens. There must be something I am missing?

When the cursor stops searching and lands on the line it needs to (usually not the actual block you think) and stops. then you HOLD the Interlock release and press the HARD sequence restart Button on the panel, then press Cycle Start.

R

just checked; no need to hold the interlock release, but you do need to press cycle start after you hit the sequence restart hard key. So restart soft key, enter line number, press write, wait for the cursor, press sequence restart (when it is ready there will be any arrow up ^ cursor and a regular > cursor below it, press Cycle start.

Thanks for advice guys but it is still not working!

When the cursor stops searching and lands on the line it needs to (usually not the actual block you think) and stops. then you HOLD the Interlock release and press the HARD sequence restart Button on the panel, then press Cycle Start.

R

just checked; no need to hold the interlock release, but you do need to press cycle start after you hit the sequence restart hard key. So restart soft key, enter line number, press write, wait for the cursor, press sequence restart (when it is ready there will be any arrow up ^ cursor and a regular > cursor below it, press Cycle start.

The control does not cycle through the program like it should before I’m ready for cycle start. It just does nothing. As was pointed out one axis needs to be home and I thought this might be the problem but still nothing.
I’m having to start at a line number and hold the interlock key to get it going. No good as I run quite long cycles and need to restart at a block number next shift etc. it’s got me baffled!

Still not got the restart working! I have a barfeeder not set up but connected to the machine to override its E stop circuit. It has to be something to do with that. I have used sequence restart successfully on other lathes and mills. It’s got me stumped totally

Still not got the restart working! I have a barfeeder not set up but connected to the machine to override its E stop circuit. It has to be something to do with that. I have used sequence restart successfully on other lathes and mills. It’s got me stumped totally

I really doubt it has anything to do with the bar feeder's E-stop circuit. Depending on the feeder it may have something to do with initiation macro.

The control does not cycle through the program like it should before I’m ready for cycle start. It just does nothing. As was pointed out one axis needs to be home and I thought this might be the problem but still nothing.
I’m having to start at a line number and hold the interlock key to get it going. No good as I run quite long cycles and need to restart at a block number next shift etc. it’s got me baffled!

Try this; machine lock-dry run, run through the program and watch the Actual Position or watch the Graphics, and when you get close to the part you want to re-start on push single block, and start stepping through the program, until you get to the exact point you want to start on. Note in the upper right corner you will see a sequence number, record it. Reset the machine, unlock it, press restart soft key, enter the sequence number without the N, press write, then it will read through the program like I described earlier, eventually stopping, press sequence restart hard key, then cycle start.

Another thing you can do is assign sequential line numbers to each line of code, and search that way. If this way does not work you will need to post an attachement of the code, for me to help.

R

Thanks for the help guys I’ve got it sorted now. It is a 4 axis machine and I gotta start both turrets or put turrets in individual mode. It didn’t occur to me when I was only running a program on top turret to do that.

Back