What's new
What's new

Problem with tool compensation on Fanuc 21-TB / Harrison Alpha 330S

a.mizzzi

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

my company just baught a used Harrison Alpha 330S build year 2001 with a Fanuc 21i-TB.

I am just about to set everything up to get into production. Now I tried to set up the tool compensation in the OFFSET screen.

And here comes the problem: When I enter some random numbers for the tool length in X and Y values and try to activate that tool by entering for example T0101 in MDI, the Absolute Position in the POS screen does not change.

To me it seems like the controll simply wouldnt take the values in the OFFSET screen into account.

I hope that i have descriped my problem well enough and would appreciate any ideas about how to solve that.

Thank you and best regards,
Andreas

Where to start? Is this your first time operating a Fanuc control or do you have experience with them?

There are tool wear offsets and geometry offsets. The geometry offsets set the absolute coordinates system. The G54-G59 offsets set the work location relevant to the face of the chuck or gripping system.

Try calling in MDI

G54 T0101;

There need to be a ";" Simi colon at the end of each programmed block.

Any random number in the geometry offset will not set the absolute coordinates system correctly.

If Bill or someone else doesn't show up here soon? Search this site, there should be a ton of information on this subject here already.

I have to go for now.

Brent

Hi Brent,

thank you for your fast response!

I solved the problem, which actually wasn't really a problem...

The Control was configured to not take tool geometry offsets into account on the absolute position screen (the geometry offset would add up to the actual position), so i got pretty confused.

I changed two bits on parameter 3104 to fix that.

Thank you anyway and best regards,
Andreas

Back