What's new
What's new

Problems networking Mazak Matrix (Windows XP) with office network

ChiefBrokenTool

Plastic
Does anyone have experience setting up a Matrix with Windows XP on their office network?

I can ping our server and the server can ping the Integrex, and both are in the same workgroup, but I can not map or otherwise share a drive from either.

Ideas?

It's been a while, but I don't recall the process of getting connected being any different than setting up a regular Windows XP PC.

However, once it is on the network I believe the folder must be shared through the controller interface, and not through Windows.

As I recall, you have to set the file properties to be shared in windows networking. Do a windows xp file sharing search. You should find step by step instructions as to setting up file sharing.

Tom

this might be related to Microsoft disabling older networking protocols or encryption methods on newer Windows machines (happened via a patch few years ago) that the XP uses to connect to network shares, as far as I remember it could be worked around by re-enabling something on the newer Windows machines that the patch turned off, I don't recall details, googling on "xp can't access windows 10 share" should give you plenty of hits on this

this might be related to Microsoft disabling older networking protocols or encryption methods on newer Windows machines (happened via a patch few years ago) that the XP uses to connect to network shares, as far as I remember it could be worked around by re-enabling something on the newer Windows machines that the patch turned off, I don't recall details, googling on "xp can't access windows 10 share" should give you plenty of hits on this

This seems reasonable to me. The process I recall is that you simply setup a shared folder on your server or one of the pc's, then map it through the CNC side of the Matrix controller. Perhaps the controller cannot map the location correctly if the old protocols aren't active.

You need to turn on SMBv1 with "turn windows features on and off" on the newer computers.

I have to do this for my Okuma with Win XP.

Back