What's new
What's new

Programing for simultanious turret/spinde running on Nakamura TW10 Fanuc 16-TT

NASTYZEN

Plastic
Hey guys,

I finally am making parts with my new to me machine thanks to some members on here. WooHoo!
Still a noob with all this metal flailing around and hand programing.
I now would like to increase production a little by running both sides at once.
For now I am doing several ops on the left unit and then parting in sync and transferring it over to the right unit. But the left stands idle while the right does its things.
My question is. How to loop this with handshakes?
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this.
The programing goes like Left unit M100 command Right executes M100 then sends back M102. Left acknowledges M102 then commands M103 and so on.
How to start the left op after handing off to the right unit. Safely:ill:

I run the machining programs as sub programs
Just make sure you have the sync m code (M110 in this case) at the end of the transfer section, left and right head.
The example below will machine 5 components then read M30 and end.
use M99 at the end of the machining progs(return to main).

(MAIN LEFT)
%
:0096
;
M98P50001 (CALLS PROG 0001 5 TIMES)
;
M30
%

%
:0097 (MAIN RIGHT)
;
M98P50001 (CALLS PROG 0002 5 TIMES)
;
M30
%

(MACHINING PROGRAM LEFT HEAD)
%
O0001 (MACHINING PROG LEFT HEAD)

(TOOL 1)
-
-
-
-
M01
;
(TOOL 2)
-
-
-
-
M01
ETC

(TRANSFER LEFT HEAD)
(G CODE)
M110
;
M99 (RETURNS TO MAIN PROG - O0096)
%

(MACHINING PROGRAM LEFT HEAD)
%
O0001 (MACHINING PROG LEFT HEAD)

(TOOL 1)
-
-
-
-
M01
;
(TOOL 2)
-
-
-
-
M01
ETC

(TRANSFER RIGHT HEAD)
(G CODE)
;
M110
M99 (RETURNS TO MAIN PROG - O0096)
%

I'm assuming you have the transfer from spindle 1 to spindle 2 sorted?
Basically you start with your bar stock in spindle 1 & some soft jaws or whatever gripping nothing in the right head.
You'd press program start on the left head & on the right head.
Spindle one would machine the first end of your component with turret one. Spindle 2 would just cut fresh air with turret 2.
The transfer section on spindle one and two would be synchronised so that they only run after the machining processes have finished. At the end of the transfer section you'll have bar stock in the left head and a half finished component in the right head.
Once M110 has been read on both heads M99 will send control back to the main progs which will repeat the whole process but actually machining something in the right head this time. Progs 1 & 2 will get called 5 times.
You could just run the machining progs with M99 at the end in which case the machine will repeat ad infinitum, so you'd have to add M0 at the begining (or end).

Ah, yes that's exactly what I'm looking for. Just not sure where to insert this as I'm using the right spindle to make a bar pull in the first left op. Making the left part in 2 ops because the drill bit is to long to clear the part if I make it full length.
It took me so long to get it just right and having parts plop out steadily. I think I'm going to run it this way to fill this order that is late and mess with it after.
I will upload my program later for you to have a look at. Maybe it will even help out some one else.

Thanks for stepping in Sakis. Yes I have a memory restart button. I have been running the program all day on it's own on memory restart or automatic as they say on more modern machines.:)
I made a little over 100 parts today. The cash flow has reversed!!

Here are the left and right programs.
It is my first program for this machine so there's extra info in there to get a grasp of what I'm doing. I'll be using it as a template for future parts.
Thanks guys.

View attachment PART002 RIGHT.txtView attachment PART002 LEFT.txt

hey, guys kinda new to the Nakamura tw-10 I have been able to work and produce on the right side turret only. the left turret seems locked or won't work on memory mode. the spindle turns, moves around manually, c-axis works offsets good, but once I try to run a program it won't budge. no alarms no nothing any ideas? it is connected to a bar feeder, "space saver 2000" to be exact. if I disconnect the bar feeder it will alarm and not work until it's connected and on. I don't have any manual for the machine and can't find any person with experience with this machine. Any help is appreciated.

I am not familiar with the workings of Nak machines (as of yet anyhow) but on dual path, there should be a switch or something to "turn on" one path, the other'n, or both.

Sounds like that is where you are at.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back