What's new
What's new

programming a doosan with out cam software

rcs60

Plastic
The company i work for is purchasing a Doosan Lynx 2100 with y axis in Jan.
they will probably purchase the cam system between April and June
I will get 2 days of training from the re-seller on set up
The first program is to be made by the re-seller and should keep the machine running until they purchase the software
just in case.
can this machine when milling be programmed with out mill/turn software or can mastercam basic mill be used to program this by doubling the x/y values ?

I taught all the Doosan classes - Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced, for years. The Lynx 2100 Y is not a hard machine to program. G code is standard Fanuc and the EZ Guide graphic programming system is standard equipment as well. VERY short learning curve, and an easy machine to master. I have all the learning materials from the classes (I wrote them) and if you need, I can send them. If you need help, I'm right here, and you can also PM/email me as well.

I finger CAM 8 axis Fanuc.
It can be done.

BoltCarriers.jpg

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Nope, you can't do it. I would tell your boss that it's impossible to input G-codes into the Machine, without using a computer to do it. Cartesian grid system is too complex for the average human to unravel. What with all the G1 and G0 plus you have to know the difference between plus AND minus---very difficult. Unless you're a Jedi.

R

No problem. Piece of cake. I dont want to start a pissing competition but any high production part fat fingering is the only way to go. Thats my 2cents. What do I know?

Long run and repeat orders of a few of the same parts, sure fine either way.
Short run of constantly changing stuff almost never to be seen again, CAM is real nice.
I didn't know anything about CNC until I bought one, and CAD/CAM saved my ass and had me running good parts instantly.

Long run and repeat orders of a few of the same parts, sure fine either way.
Short run of constantly changing stuff almost never to be seen again, CAM is real nice.
I didn't know anything about CNC until I bought one, and CAD/CAM saved my ass and had me running good parts instantly.

Mills are a different animal, and CAM can be justified much more easily there.
Especially as you say - short run.
For this reason - I don't tend to compete in the short run/fancy feature mill jobs of commodity sizes.
That is all CAM territory there for sure.

This aint that.
(As much as people think that it is)

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Also not to start a CAD/CAM argument but the Doosan posts for mill/turn stuff out of HSM/Fusion 360 are spot on out of the box. For $500/year you can at least have a stop gap measure until you find a solution that works better for the organization (if there is one).

That said lathe stuff is really easy to finger-CAM but I tend to sit down in Notepad++ to do it then load it onto the machine. I HATE HATE HATE typing on a FANUC with partial keyboard. If I need a milling program (even polar or something like that) I can always post that out and copy/paste into a program.

When I started programming lathes and Swiss I had a copy of the programming manual with the G and M codes bookmarked sitting in a drawer at the machine and I used them all the time.

The company i work for is purchasing a Doosan Lynx 2100 with y axis in Jan.
they will probably purchase the cam system between April and June
I will get 2 days of training from the re-seller on set up
The first program is to be made by the re-seller and should keep the machine running until they purchase the software
just in case.
can this machine when milling be programmed with out mill/turn software or can mastercam basic mill be used to program this by doubling the x/y values ?

OK, your post title is "can you program without cam software" but here ^ you ask if you can use mastercam mill to program with? :toetap:

As far as programming without cam, yes sure you could if you understand G code (don't know anything about Doosan conversational or whatever it is called). Using mastercam mill for the milling on a mill/turn... I don't know

Nope, you can't do it. I would tell your boss that it's impossible to input G-codes into the Machine, without using a computer to do it. Cartesian grid system is too complex for the average human to unravel. What with all the G1 and G0 plus you have to know the difference between plus AND minus---very difficult. Unless you're a Jedi.

R

Hey now, DON'T get me started about RS-274.

I found if you write out cards for directions on how to do the lathe operations it makes programming a lathe VARY simple .. I have cards for bar feeder, threading cycle , od/id turning cycles , ETC .

99% of my work is mill so it might be months between programming up a new lathe part ,, so the cards make it supper simple to just look at what I want to do next and find the right card and put in the new numbers for the part ,, all of the format for the operation stays the same for the most part.

just start writing a program and when you have to stop and look it up in the book write it down on a card so you have it next time ,,, I tried copying pages from the manuals but found it worked better to have it wrote out by me so I could understand it next time around .

We have a 3100xly and i do all the programing on the machine, Fanuc's conversational program is pretty easy to use. If you are doing 3d profiling you will probably need CAM but for simple stuff, pretty easy to do on the control.

Thanks for the information Doug
i think that for most of the basic things to be machined your material will make the job easier to do

Are people really asking if they can program cnc's without cam software now. [emoji1751]

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Back