What's new
What's new

Programming pallet change Brother TC324-N

Green Machine

Aluminum
I have a new to me pallet change machine, what is the code to run separate programs on each side of the pallet? I know there are Mcodes to go to each pallet, but I am not sure how to layout the program to make it happen. I have never had to program a pallet changer before. I want to be able to have the program stop on each pallet, then press start to rotate in and run the program. Thanks.

the pallet on the 324 works the same way as a new Speedio R450/650. There is a Quick Table page in the user parameters, Data Bank. This is where you tell the machine what program to run on each pallet. On the control panel there is a Pallet Select switch and a Pallet Start button. The Pallet Select Switch on those as I recall is a rotary dial type switch and has Pallet Off, Pallet 1, Pallet 2 and Pallets 1-2 positions. When the select switch is off, the machine runs like an ordinary vmc using the standard Cycle Start button. When you are ready to use the pallet, select Pal 1, Pal 2 or 1-2 if you are in full production on both pallets. If you want to run Pal1 only, set the program # in the Quick Table parameter, have Pal1 in the outside load position, set Pal 1 on the Select switch and press Pallet Start switch. After running P1, it will bring it back out. When in 1-2 full production mode, it will automatically bring in the next pallet when the Pallet Start (Ready) button has been pushed and the inside pallet cycle stops. There are no M codes necessary to run the Pallet. The same program can run on a non pallet machine. When using the pallet system, the machine will always want to bring the pallet in.

OK that makes, sense, thanks a lot. I just got the machine, and haven't had much chance to play with it, too busy with other work :) What about work offsets? say g54 on pallet 1, and g55 on pallet 2? same page?
You can use any coordinate offset you want. Doesn't have to be the same page.
You will need 2 programs, (ex: O1101 = operation 1) one calling G54 perhaps for pallet side one, and G55 for pallet side two (ex: O1102 = operation 2 for the same part). I try to do that, keep them in pairs, or sequential, to make it easier to remember the next time. You might have a better idea for a different format. There might be a way to write a macro that reads which side of the pallet is under the spindle, and calls the appropriate offset, but I haven't bothered to do that.
Hope this helps a little.....

Ok gotcha, the work offset is driven by the program, not by the pallet. I think now that I have this info from the thread, I should be able to sort it out. Thanks a lot to all who replied.
You can have multiple work offests on the pallet as well - just be sure you have the correct offsets called when the pallet program and everything else is ready.
I sometimes use a double vise on one or both side of the pallet, so pallet side 1 might use G54, G55, etc - and the side 2 uses maybe G54.1P1, G54.1P2, etc
Soon as you've done it a few times, it'll fall into place. I bigly prefer Brother control to Fanuc.
:)

Back