What's new
What's new

Pros/Cons of Fanuc Service Contracts

cash

Titanium
I am going to look at possibly signing up with Fanuc for a service contract program. I have about 10 machines that were either new with Fanuc controls or I have retrofitted. The oldest being early 1990's vintage.

As the guys age who have always helped me out troubleshoot these controls I need to take the next step to make sure I keep my gear working.

If any of you have been involved with a Fanuc Service Contract I would appreciate any input.

Hi Cash. Been a few years since I've been on here. Waiting for a part this AM so I have some time to kill.

If not mistaken, And I don't think I am, Fanucs service contract covers Fanuc ONLY. Now, if you need a drive or expensive PCB, that will pay for the contract on that machine. But, if machine is down and Fanuc comes in, finds it is a switch, cable, programming etc. anything not Fanuc, they will charge you Fanuc rates for the service call. Even if they can not fix machine but, determine Fanuc end is all good, they will charge.

I think the easiest way to make this decision is, What is your annual bill with Fanuc vs. what will a service contract for all machines cost.

Now, I do have a customer with machine breakdown insurance. Not sure where he gets it, premium, deductible etc. I believe it only applies to expensive repairs as he pays the routine bills and I have only dealt with ins. on higher $ incidents. I think over $5K.

Back