What's new
What's new

ProtoTrak MX2 dead pendant

2lmaker

Cast Iron
I apologize for long post and did a search without finding anyone that knows how to trouble shoot these controls.
Recently purchased a TRM 2 axis mill with MX2 control. Upon powering up I hear the disk in computer come to life and get green light on disk drive. But screen stays black. I called SWI and they told me to disconnect " CABLE LOGIC" connection to the pendant. Nothing changed. Tech said screen should get lines and buttons should beep. Neither happened. Tech said "pendant dead need to replace" SWI wants $1872.00 plus tax & shipping. Since I didn't see machine run prior to getting it, I'm a little apprehensive to just replace pendant. I've found LED replacement monitors and would go that route if I could find a way to troubleshoot control and pinpoint issue if it's just the monitor.
Thanks

Does the floppy drive make a bunch of sounds (reading off floppy) over a period of time, or do you just hear it once on power on?

Yes, I checked each fuse for continuity. Actually several times to make sure. 2 on pendant and 2 in computer closure.
Can't jog, as buttons are also dead in Pendant. I was hoping there was a way to ensure it was a completely dead pendant as opposed to a situation where a bad monitor keeps rest of system from working.
Maybe an adapter to plug a different monitor. That is what I did with a Bridgeport CNC I had.
Thanks

Back