What's new
What's new

Okuma Mx-45vae

NaRbO

Cast Iron
Our company is looking into buying this machine. Its used, year is 1996. We already bought a 2006 MC-v4020 from this same place. Has been a great machine for us. From the looks of the machine it is a very similar design. Tomorrow I will be going down to power it up, check the spindle etc. Make sure everything looks O.K.

My main concern is that they didn't use this machine very often and would sit for long periods of time without being used. Is that a good or bad thing? I plan on taking some of the way covers off to look at the ways and ballscrews. Make sure they have grease on them.

they want 38,000$ for it. It has a 7000 rpm spindle and the optional 32 station tool changer. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about this machine? is that a fair price?

Thanks.

From what I understand the only difference between it and a MCV-4020is the control and the fact that it was most likely made in Charlotte NC. Not the cz republic. Probably won't be a bad machine.

Husker

We bought a new MX45 VAE in 1998 and had it for 10 years, sold it for $28,000. a couple years ago. Decent machine, linear ways, but not as reliable as our Makino or Daewoo. My employees prefer the Haas or Fanuc contol, but not a huge difference. Over all, I'd give it an average rating. Make sure there is grease in the lines that run from the back cover to the linear rails. Ours were clear and you could see the grease. When we got it, the lines were empty, and it took quite a bit to fill the lines before grease go to the machine.

Back