What's new
What's new

Puma doosan 3100y lathe programming

cimber

Plastic
Here is my problem. I want to use the machines programming and not any kind of cam for the part.

Part is 5” Id 10” od 2.5” thick. I wanna take a 3/4” helimill at 7.5”. The center of the tool will be at 7.5”.

I want to ramp it down to a depth of 1.25”. So start at .01 above zero and as the chuck slowly spins move it down. So each rev off the chuck it should drop down .100.

How can I do this with the machines programmming?

I know they make tools to face groove but that is not an option right now.

Thanks!

If I follow your explanation correctly ("above" and "down" do not really compute in the context of Z on a lathe), you are trying to cut a face groove with the tool positioned axial to the part.

To ramp in is a simple linear-rotary move

G1 W-.1 H360.

Replace H with whatever the incremental address of the main spindle rotary is on your machine.

Use a sub or a macro to repeat.

If I am understanding your question correctly, X1.25F.1 will go to the depth with .1 per rev.

So your question is "How to hand-program a ramp entry for a helimill on a lathe"? You should consider changing the title of your question so that more people can find it. This is not a Puma Doosan specific question, and your current title is too broad.

Back