What's new
What's new

Punch program from Fanuc without removing spaces

tjb1

Aluminum
Is there a way to punch a program from a Fanuc control and keep the spaces between words? This part of the program is read into the machine as
Code:
G74 G1 G99 Z-[#548/2-.06] Q0900 F.004
but when you punch it back to the card it becomes
Code:
G74G1G99Z-[#548/2-.06]Q0900F.004
This is a bit of an issue for me as I use Notepad++ for editing and use a custom language to color code everything for easier reading but it doesn't work if there are not spaces between words.

Is there a way to punch a program from a Fanuc control and keep the spaces between words? This part of the program is read into the machine as
Code:
G74 G1 G99 Z-[#548/2-.06] Q0900 F.004
but when you punch it back to the card it becomes
Code:
G74G1G99Z-[#548/2-.06]Q0900F.004
This is a bit of an issue for me as I use Notepad++ for editing and use a custom language to color code everything for easier reading but it doesn't work if there are not spaces between words.
there are no actual spaces the Fanuc control puts spaces in for viewing
actual spaces makes program slightly bigger. edytornc can add permanent spaces to file if you want to make it easier to read for printing
EdytorNC download | SourceForge.net

The program has spaces in it before I load it into the control, I assume it is removing them during the read or punch operation. I sometimes punch the program back out to save on the network with any changes I had to make at the machine instead of hoping I catch them all while editing the network version.

The space character is stripped by the control when it is read in to the machine. The space character "wastes" storage memory so it gets deleted.

Most good CNC targeted editors have a "add spaces" function that will insert them into a received file. Some work better than others when dealing with lines containing variable statements.

The program has spaces in it before I load it into the control, I assume it is removing them during the read or punch operation. I sometimes punch the program back out to save on the network with any changes I had to make at the machine instead of hoping I catch them all while editing the network version.

i often load program with no spaces and it views on Fanuc control with spaces. control setup to auto add spaces for viewing on control without taking extra memory. i use program printed out on paper to write stuff down. cause program has no spaces it is difficult to read.
like i said edytornc will add spaces and it is free

Get an editor called Discriminator. It is a color editor, and also can add spaces, and a bunch of other useful g-code tools. It also has a great backplotter.

Back