What's new
What's new

Round pocket macro

civicske2

Aluminum
Hy
I m looking for a solution to let our operators program round pockets in fanuc. The purpose is to cut round forms in soft jaws. for part setup. tha machine has no manualguide or easy program acces. we run all on this with cam.

I m hoping someone could come op with a macro witch cuts a rough pass helicoidal plunge. and next things variable.

Milldiameter
PAssdepht
feed and speed
Diameter of cutting circle
Depth of cutting circle.
step-over in %to the milldiameter
A finish pass would be greate :-)

thanks in advance.

Hy
I m looking for a solution to let our operators program round pockets in fanuc. The purpose is to cut round forms in soft jaws. for part setup. tha machine has no manualguide or easy program acces. we run all on this with cam.

I m hoping someone could come op with a macro witch cuts a rough pass helicoidal plunge. and next things variable.

Milldiameter
PAssdepht
feed and speed
Diameter of cutting circle
Depth of cutting circle.
step-over in %to the milldiameter
A finish pass would be greate :-)

thanks in advance.

Are you looking for help or looking for someone to just make it for you?

G13 or G12. I'm not sure it's supported by every Fanuc control, but it's simple. Remember that ALL canned cycles are in fact Macros.

R

hey not looking for someone to write it for me
my initial idea was writing a macro with some variables that the operator can make the jaw in minimum of time. havent got time to try the G13 but i ll start with that. maybe than i can put in some variables like passdepts… i come back later on this.
If someone already would have such a macro that would be nice :-)

Check the last post I made in the macro fundamentals thread. It's a complete and working macro for round pockets. You'll need to error trap it more maybe. Plus guess what it's written for and tested on a 21iM

Back