What's new
What's new

question about Doosan PUMA 2600 SY parts catcher option ...

mbraddock

Hot Rolled
I just bought a used Doosan PUMA 2600 SY that was advertised as having a parts catcher. Upon receiving the machine, it has the internal catcher mechanism, but the factory sheet metal block-off plate is still installed in lieu of a parts containment box. Is this normal? Every parts catcher I've ever seen has a catcher box for the parts to drop into. I understand a parts conveyor is another option for these machines (which this one obviously does not have), but I'm curious if the parts containment box should have been included with the machine and perhaps was just not installed by the previous owner?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Mike

2600 (3).jpg2600 (2).jpg2600 (1).jpg

I work for Doosan and I am going to make a guess that that machine has parts from two machines. Who did you buy it from? We don't do that as a rule. It should just have a drop box for the parts catcher at least. Maybe the previous owner switched it out at one time.

Paul
20200313_075503.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking as well Paul. It would make no sense. Upon further investigation, I found an Iemca barfeeder manual in the electrical cabinet on the machine. I bought the machine through a used equipment dealer in the northeast, and they told me the customer had two machines, so I was thinking the same thing: perhaps they took the parts off this one before sending it out the door...

I'm going to shoot you an email asking if you can put me in contact with someone who can give me a ballpark price on what a drop box and a parts conveyor would run.

Thanks!

Mike

Back