What's new
What's new

Question about post edit and pre-staging tools

Mike1974

Diamond
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this. I need to modify my post for pre-staging tools in Mastercam for a Haas mill. I've done it years ago, but I forgot where to find one thing. I've set the switch for pre-stage to 1 for on, and edited (checked the box LoL) the control definition to enable staged tool routines. Right now it posts like this -

N130 G0 G90 G54 X.4833 Y-.27 S5106 M3
N140 G43 H3 Z2. T6
N150 G98 G82 Z-.057 R.1 P.5 F12.3

I would like it to post like this -

N130 G0 G90 G54 X.4833 Y-.27 S5106 M3
N140 G43 H3 Z2.
T6
N150 G98 G82 Z-.057 R.1 P.5 F12.3

I found something in the MCX help about this string BLDNXTOOL& but I don't know if I can move it down one line, or how (if it even pertains) to manipulate it to alter where the next tool is posted ...

I seem to remember one Haas machine I ran would throw the H&T code agreement alarm depending on the post format so I want to be prepared just in case.

If it matters, MCX6 and VF2ss NGC control.

this from the post -
stagetool : 1 #SET_BY_CD 0 = Do not pre-stage tools, 1 = Stage tools
pq$ #Setup post based on switch settings
stagetool = bldnxtool$ #Set stagetool from CD setting

Search your post for pstagetool. You should find it in 2 place remove it from those 2 lines. You want create a new line under neath those lines. The new line should look like this:

pbld, n$, pstagetool, e$

Backup you post before you do this. Remember spacing, and lower case is important.

HTH

Search your post for pstagetool. You should find it in 2 place remove it from those 2 lines. You want create a new line under neath those lines. The new line should look like this:

pbld, n$, pstagetool, e$

Backup you post before you do this. Remember spacing, and lower case is important.

HTH

Yes, this. Should be in postblock psof$ and postblock ptlchg$.

If the post isn't properly set up for it pretty simple to throw in some logic to have the first tool staged during the last tool cycle.

Thanks everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you. Changed my post as instructed and now the tool stage is on a separate line like I wanted.

I always back my post and related files LoL, had an "accident" one time and never again. ;)

Back