What's new
What's new

quick question about Fanuc ladders

wmpy

Hot Rolled
What are the addresses that start with an F? I'm self-taught in reading fanuc ladders, and I know what the X, Y, R, D addresses are, but what's F?

The long story...
I'm trying to get the sub-spindle orientation going on a mid-'90s Tsugami lathe with a 0T-C control. Nowhere can I find the M-code to orient the sub-spindle. By tracing wires and reading the ladder, I've been able to determine the M-code, but there's this F address (F285.7, not that it matters) that needs to be made, and I don't know how to make it. I'm tracing stuff that doesn't show up in my written ladders, so it's extra hard to know what's going on. This address shows up in various spots in the ladder, but no clue as to what conditions need to be met for it to light up.

TIA,
wmpy

Just browsing an 0 connection manual (GFZ-61393E-2/02), F diagnostics seem to be "output signals".

F285
#7 ORARB
#6 TLMB
#5 LDT2B
#4 LDT1B
#3 SARB
#2 SDTB
#1 SSTB
#0 ALMB

Spindle orientation
completion signal
ORARA, ORARB F281.7, F285.7

Hope this helps. I found the 0/00/0mate connections (function) manual via google. This link works: http://www.prodsa.com.ar/integrador...C/LEGACY CNCs/Series 0 Models C-D/61393e2.pdf (although it is very slow to download lol)

F285.7 is the spindle orientation completion signal (output? probably pmc -> cnc), whereas F281.7 is for the main spindle.

Addresses

X Signal from sensor or switch (X0.0, X8.4, X10, etc)
Y Signal to relay or solenoid (Y0.0, Y1.0, Y2, etc)
F Signal from NC state (F0.0, F1.0, F64, etc)
G Signal to NC operation (G0.0, G1.0,G12, etc)
R Internal Register (R0.0, R1.0, R350, etc)
A Alarm message (A0.0, A1.0, A10, etc)
K Keep relay (K0.0, K1.0, K10, etc)
D Data (D0.0, D400, D408, etc
T Timer (T1, T2, etc
C Counter (C1, C2, etc
I think I got this right

Thanks, guys. That makes sense.
Now I need to figure out why the spindle isn't trying to spindle orient. I have no idea where to start on that one... That could be a lot of messing around. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the job that I was trying to set in there and put it in another machine that I know can handle it. Two days work down the drain... Ugh.

Define "orient"

Are you running Hex or sqr?

If not - you likely just need to synch (if you have a code for that specifically) or even just fire the sub CCW the same speed as the main and be done with it.

You could have a missing macro for "phase orient sub". ???

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox,

I'm running round stock. I'm making a screw, and I need to cross drill on the main and then mill a slot in the head on the sub. The hole and slot need to be in alignment. Right now, I can't even get it to lock the sub to do any kind of milling.
I like the idea of a missing macro. I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to look into it. My local applications guy says I can't do it on this machine, but the machine has all the hardware for it, so I don't completely believe him. I need to find someone that really know these machines.

Many older sub spindle machines don't have C axis on the sub. You may be able to phase synch" to time" the two together - likely by picking up off of a pulse code on the tachs, but to actually manipulate is a horse of a nother colour.

I don't think that my Fanuc will doo this, but on my Mits I have some ability to synch the main and sub, and then index the main in C, and the sub will follow ... to some degree. It doesn't really have enough trq to hold position THAT good - which may be part of the reason that it is not sub C equipped. ???

I agree that it is likely that the "hardware" may be there to doo it (short of being under powered for the app possibly) but you have to wonder if that is yet another thing that just needs "turned on". ???

Another thing is that sometimes the cheaper controls don't have the ability to handle enough axis, but that is not the end-all as my 18T could Shirley handle main and sub Cs I'm (pretty) sure. Pretty sure an "0" will not C two spindles even on a good day. (one where all options were turned on)

BTW - I want paid BEFORE I give you a hamburger!

edit:

Try placing your main spindle to the C orient that you want.
Turn off C'
M3 S0
Turn on Sub Synch
Turn on "phase synch" if you can find a code for that.
(You would have had to pick off in Pahse synch to make that work I would think)

There is a chance that it may spin up to align.

Even with the best of luck - I would not expect the bestest of accuracy.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Last edited:
Addresses

X Signal from sensor or switch (X0.0, X8.4, X10, etc)
Y Signal to relay or solenoid (Y0.0, Y1.0, Y2, etc)
F Signal from NC state (F0.0, F1.0, F64, etc)
G Signal to NC operation (G0.0, G1.0,G12, etc)
R Internal Register (R0.0, R1.0, R350, etc)
A Alarm message (A0.0, A1.0, A10, etc)
K Keep relay (K0.0, K1.0, K10, etc)
D Data (D0.0, D400, D408, etc
T Timer (T1, T2, etc
C Counter (C1, C2, etc
I think I got this right
Old thread but hopefully I'll get a reply.

In my ladder logic (OMD) I have inputs buttons that set MDI JOG EDIT Etc These all work and the lights and bits come on respectively. The screen mode however does not change. Machine not working at the moment due to a battery and backup files lost. It seems to stay in what ever mode it boots in. It cycles auto, MDI, EDIT, JOG on each boot. If G is to NC, I don't have any in the ladder. How does the control know what button is pressed ? Is there another way ? See my details

Attachments

• Modes.pdf
    7.8 KB · Views: 17

Back