What's new
What's new

Recommendation for Fanuc 3TF Monitor Repair or LCD Replacement

Dan from Oakland

Titanium
The 12" color monitor on our Mori SL3 (Fanuc 3TF) died recently. Started getting dim and then bright and then dim. Its a Matsushita TX 1204 AB. Looking for a recommendation to get it repaired on the west coast or a reliable place to purchase an LCD replacement. I don't really need a project, so . . . . Thanks in advance. Dan

They're on ebay for around $550 shipped. Same screen fits 6T/M, 3T/M and 10T/M

I have a 3T SL2 that just lost the screen as well! Must be the expiration date.

Thanks all for the suggestions. We got a replacement LCD from CNC Repair in Lynden Wa. and into the machine and all is good. Just throwing this out the for anyone interested:

I have the gutted CRT and related electronics removed from the chassis and if anyone is so inclined or interested, I'll pack it all up and send it to you for the shipping cost. Its a color Matsushita A61L-0001-0077 10" and was used in mid 80's Fanuc controls that have the FAPT option. I think the CRT is OK, but. . . . I hate to just toss it.

Hi Dan,

We have a 80's Okuma Howa that is losing it's 10TF color CRT. Takes an hour at times in the morning to light up and it is getting fuzzy. Do you still have your old monitor? I am looking for a PM function on this site but haven't found it yet...

TIA!
William

Hi Dan,

We have a 80's Okuma Howa that is losing it's 10TF color CRT. Takes an hour at times in the morning to light up and it is getting fuzzy. Do you still have your old monitor? I am looking for a PM function on this site but haven't found it yet...

TIA!
William

The LCD's are sure easier to read. Well worth the money IMO.

I did my 10M recently. It was like $150 on Ebay.

Hi William- I walked around the old one on the floor for about 6 months and it finally went to the recycle place. Garwood is smarter than me so I just fell on my sword bought the high priced replacement but as Garwood said, the LCD is nice. They are easy to install. I had to fiddle with some settings on the new monitor but that took about 15 minutes to tweak it just right.

Hi William- I walked around the old one on the floor for about 6 months and it finally went to the recycle place. Garwood is smarter than me so I just fell on my sword bought the high priced replacement but as Garwood said, the LCD is nice. They are easy to install. I had to fiddle with some settings on the new monitor but that took about 15 minutes to tweak it just right.

Yeah right! I seriously doubt that. I just googled the Fanuc part number for my CRT assembly and a bunch of China LCD retrofits came up in the search results. I made a few Ebay offers and one seller accepted my lowball offer. A month later I got the CRT in the mail and dropped right in.

I have one machine with an LCD retrofit purchased from Fanuc. The LCD backlight ballast died so I got into it for the repair. Inside itt says made in China on the boards inside the enclosure for the LCD.

I figure it isn't a stretch to believe that these retrofit displays are mostly made in China and being imported and sold with a hefty markup by local sellers.

The China sellers don't really know what the application is for the displays they're making so they just list them by the part numbers on the stickers they are told to affix them with. The part numbers they are using are the numbers for the old Fanuc CRT's.

Back