What's new
What's new

Recommendations for 10-15 YO 40x20 VMC

Jay Fleming

Hot Rolled
I think I'm about to the point of wanting/needing to actually purchase a true VMC. I've decided a 40x20 is the minimum and possibly the maximum I would get. My requirements are listed below. I've browsed Fadal, Haas, Bridgeport, Okuma, and I'm sure several others that are slipping my mind right now.

• X: 40" Y: 20" Z: 23"+
  • CAT40
  • Reliable or readily available parts
  • 10 HP+
  • 10,000 RPM
  • 600 IPM rapids, 300 IPM cutting
  • 20+ tool changer, side mount or carousel not an issue
  • DNC or ethernet file transfer
  • Conversational programming a plus
  • Must fit through a 10'x10' door
  • $20,000 max

If there are other things I should consider as priorities, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

You are going to find it hard to find the 300IPM cutting on this old of a machine.
What is a reasonable number? Cutting and rapids aren't my highest priorities. Anything over 200/300 respectively are a step up from what I have now. Spindle speed, size and reliability are more important.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What is a reasonable number? Cutting and rapids aren't my highest priorities. Anything over 200/300 respectively are a step up from what I have now. Spindle speed, size and reliability are more important.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think 120 inches per minute is about where you loose corners in that age machine. I have no idea of what you are cutting or the size of your parts. Anything with local support would be my first choice in a plain 40x20.

Back