What's new
What's new

Recommendations for servo drive repair

Lock

Aluminum
Yasnac I80 control xaxis servo drive is bad, contacted yaskawa and have attempted to get a rma to send in going on 3 days with no luck. Figure its time to look else where. Any recommendations?

I know a couple good places to send Fanuc components, the only place I had success with Yasnac ones is out of business. The couple times I dealt directly with Yasnac I had good results. The last time they walked me through replacing an obsolete spindle inverter with a new one. Strange they dropped the ball with you, it has been a couple years since I used them. Maybe the Covid crap has effected them.

Yea not to impressed so far; i was trying to explain to the tech guy how it had burned up a diode on the u line of the power control module 3 times and he just said do not try to troubleshoot this, its far too complex. So then I tried to talk to him(tech support,) parts and the repair department about the motion card in said servo, I have found a used servo drive with 4month warranty with same chassis number (CACR-IR10SB) but the motion card on front is df8xxxxx rev B 03 instead of rev B 04 on my machine. None of them had a clue as to what the significance if the last two numbers signify and when they search there inventory they simply look by that chassis model. They had one rebuilt ready to go for 2800$ish or I could buy a brand new replacement(drop in retrofit) for 3147$

I would just wait a little while, Yasnacs don't have the popularity of Fanuc, someone should lead you in the right direction. I can give one word of advice, don't send it to Radwell. They claim to work on anything under the sun they screwed me over twice, by testing two Fanuc components and saying they were good, when they were bad.

Try Precision Zone in Wheeling, IL. They have been good to me for Mitsubishi and Yaskawa repairs.

Yasnac I80 control xaxis servo drive is bad, contacted yaskawa and have attempted to get a rma to send in going on 3 days with no luck. Figure its time to look else where. Any recommendations?

14 on ebay..just make sure you can return if you go this direction

I think im sending to these guys, seemed to have it together... sat and talked in depth about what ive done and a few other things to check before sending

In response to precision zone

+1 for Precision Zone / Alfa-inc. Used them to repair an ancient Yasakawa drive that was quoted at $20k to replace. $650 for the repair and another $400 to turn it around in a day.

+1 for Precision Zone / Alfa-inc. Used them to repair an ancient Yasakawa drive that was quoted at $20k to replace. $650 for the repair and another $400 to turn it around in a day.

That price is amazing, a lot of places base their repair quotes off of replacement cost, regardless of what it takes to fix.

Final update, happy with the service from precision zone and solved my problem. Would deff use again and recommend to those looking. Thanks for reccs guys!

Back