What's new
What's new

Renishaw mp12 on melds 520 help please

A1CNC

Aluminum
I bought a complete renishaw probe set up on ebay. Mp12 Omm and mI12.
I wired them in and it seems to work according to the Led's on the Mi12 and the Omm.
However if I command a g31 move Ie. G31 x4.0 F 4. The machine doesn't stop when the probe trips. Is there something I have to do to "turn on " the skip and get it to work?

There must be somewhere to monitor the input signal but I am not as familiar with the 520 as I would be with my MO control on where to see it. Can someone tell me how or where to look to see if the right bit is changing?

Is there a way to write a macro to set/ find the x/y edge with the probe or is that only possible with renishaws software?

Thank you for any help.

Well I finally got the probe working. It turns out I had wired into the skip 2 pin by accident. I saw a parameter bit change when i triggered the probe but it was not the right bit.

Now when i command a G31 move the machine stops when the probe makes contact. PROGRESS!

Does anyone have a copy of the Renishaw software for sale? I am anxious to put it to use now that it is working but the $1k from renishaw is DEFINITELY not in my current budget.

Your machine may have shipped with some limited inspection cycles; most do.

Otherwise you could start building your own. If time is worth anything, $1000 for Rebishaw's inspection plus software is a bargain.

Back