What's new
What's new

Rent time on CNC machine in Bellingham WA

NicholeSchmitt

Plastic
Tim Niemier, original inventor and founder of Ocean Kayak, has a large CNC machine in Bellingham WA.
He rents time on the machine for $65 per hour.
It is 18-ft long, by 5-ft wide, and 32-inches high.
It can carve foam-board and MDF (wood). No metal.

Tim also does consulting and design of small water craft, such as outriggers and fishing kayaks.

CNC5.jpg CNC6.jpg TimWorkingOnBoat.jpg TimAndOutrigger.jpg

Attachments

• CNC3.jpg
    CNC3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 194
Does Tim allow customers to shoot video in his shop?

I know a guy who would like to test out a 3/4" Kennametal Harvi endmill on that machine.

Does Tim allow customers to shoot video in his shop?

I know a guy who would like to test out a 3/4" Kennametal Harvi endmill on that machine.

No need to play that way. This (seems to be) an older inventor/fabricator that has open machine time and, within its capacities, would like to make some money from it. That's inline with what this site offers, although it should have been posted in a different section.

If it's a scam, it's one that's rather specific and effort's been put into, so unlikely.

Nicole, if Tim's not a member here suggest that he sign up, then he can be guided as to where to post this offer.

FWIW - he would need to place it in the Members and Shop Pics board if Chuck is OK with that.

Manufacturing Resource board is for "contributing members only" with a 50 post min limit.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Tim Niemier, original inventor and founder of Ocean Kayak, has a large CNC machine in Bellingham WA.
He rents time on the machine for $65 per hour.
It is 18-ft long, by 5-ft wide, and 32-inches high.
It can carve foam-board and MDF (wood). No metal.

Tim also does consulting and design of small water craft, such as outriggers and fishing kayaks.

View attachment 271375 View attachment 271376 View attachment 271377 View attachment 271379

...and apparently hired you to spam this here forum ?

So the guy has a cnc router...get over it.

"About NicholeSchmitt
UNITED STATES
State / Province:
Washington
Interests:
Small water craft.
Assistant to water craft designer and consultant."

The damage you did to this man's reputation with your spamming, is immeasurable.

I'm simply trying to help Tim generate revenue. He has additional inventions and patents that need capital to get them into production. To that end, he would like to do some consulting and would also like to rent out some shop time on the CNC machine. This is a legitimate offer. And Tim is a genuine inventor and a truly great guy. I am new at marketing. He as asked me to find new ways of reaching aficionados of small water craft. And so I tried out this forum. Have I posted in the wrong place?

Thank you for having such insight. Tim is looking to generate some capital to help his new water craft inventions get into production. Renting out CNC time (and offering some design consulting) is how he would like to drum up some cash. There are some custom boat-makers in Bellingham who already rent time in Tim's CNC machine. He has a really nice shop. And they're hanging out the shingle (so-to-speak) offering some time-share on the machine.
Tim is very old-school and doesn't do much online. Thus, he has hired me to increase his reach online to new markets. Yes, this is legit and very honorable. Please direct me to the right place to post Tim's offer.

I'm simply trying to help Tim generate revenue. He has additional inventions and patents that need capital to get them into production. To that end, he would like to do some consulting and would also like to rent out some shop time on the CNC machine. This is a legitimate offer. And Tim is a genuine inventor and a truly great guy. I am new at marketing. He as asked me to find new ways of reaching aficionados of small water craft. And so I tried out this forum. Have I posted in the wrong place?

YOU are advertising.
You can buy advertising banners on this site.
Please click the "contact us" link at the bottom of every page, and what's-her-name will be glad to help you.

Otherwise, if Tim would like to talk prototyping, then TIM can come here and talk it, and post a thread about HIS shop in the "Members Shop Pics" board, and can be a regular member here.

This place is NOT intended for free advertising for anyone who knows someone that can punch a keyboard.
I'm sure that you meant well, but you are spamming in every sense of the meaning.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Huh? What damage? I'm glad to know about the availability of Tim and his machine. The other large format machine in the area my customer used has gotten way overloaded so this is good to know.

Thank you Doug. Bookmark Tim's website: Onwaterdesigns.com and reach out any time. Pass along the info to friends or clients. Thanks!

OK, no harm meant.
I am still looking for "Member's Shop Pics" but cannot find it.
I'll actually have to drive over to Tim's place and walk him through the procedure of becoming a member.
First, I'd like to find that Shop Pic section.... I'll keep searching....

That would be perfectly fine.

Click on "FORUM" at the top.
It is already highlighted in orange, but go ahead and click it aggin.

Scroll almost to the bottom of the list, about the 5th from the bottom I think.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back