What's new
What's new

Replacing a Fanuc 0i Mate MD?

moroeder

Plastic
Apparently, my Fanuc 0i Mate MD controller took a dump and I can no longer load programs into the main memory or run off of external devices. Still can run on everything in the main memory but I'm locked out for some reason and no one knows how to verify what has gone wrong, even Fanuc on the phone. If I purchase another new drive from our friendly Chinese, will I be able to load all the parameters from the CM card and run? Do the new drives come with any basic programming? BTW I can download from the main into the CM card but nothing will go back to the main! Anyone in the Indy area able to troubleshoot a Mate MD?

Will it allow you to edit existing programs or manually key in a new program?

Thanks for the question. I'm not sure, I'm beeing helped by a controls engineer to analyze this issue, but he's not a programmer. He seems to think it is in the way the programs are entered. I don't believe that is it but I'll go along with his analysis until I find out differently. It used to work until something changed and I don't know what changed other than the controller had an unknown internal fault occur. I'll ask today and answer your question tonight, thanks.

I really *hate* to ask this, but as a former Training Coordinator and Applications Engineer, I've run into this issue with customers more times than folk would like to admit, but...is the write protect key off?

If you can download the program to the CM card then open the program from the card in a text editor, delete the first couple of lines, including the %, in the program and manually re-enter them, then save the file. Try loading that program from the card. I have seen this in the past on FANUC controls when a "hidden character" is output in the downloaded file. there is a parameter for this however I don't have my control manuals with me to reference, I believe it is how the control is set to output EIA or ASCII code setting

Tom

Back