What's new
What's new

Replacing windows

WILLTELL2388

Plastic
I have a few mazak 655-80 and -60. Everytime we replace them within a few months you can no longer see through them from being scratched up and nasty residue that does not come off. Im not sure if we are doing something wrong as in putting the wrong type of window or not having the right stuff for our coolant. Im just not sure. If anyone can let me know anything would be greatly appreciated! To what kind of material is the windows on cnc machines ive seen different things.

If you've got plastic, be it polycarb or acrylic, used as or protecting your windows, and are wiping them with anything but hot water you are screwing yourself over.

Just a heads up from my local plastic supplier. Recently I had 3 sheets cut up of 1/4" polycarbonate for a job I do on occasion. He said that clear sheet supplies are out, I'm trying to remember, but I think at least 16 weeks, maybe longer due to the demand for protective shielding of late. Hardly a sheet to be found anywhere. At least around here. It may be more then 16 weeks even. All I know is when he told me how long they were out my jaw hit the floor. I must have been lucky getting my order in better then a month ago. Actually my order ended up being two different types of poly. At least in the protective sheets covering them. Likely they were nearing the end of their stock even then.

You need clear plastic... better check in with your supplier.

Back