What's new
What's new

"Reset" for a Prox. (Wierd!)

Ox

Diamond
I just experienced this for the first time just now....

I got a "low lube" alarm on the lathe and had to cycle the power (after filling the unit), and then the prox on the bar feed wouldn't "see" the bar. It was fine before.... The bars are rusty/dirty, so there is not much reflection to them, but it'd been fine.

I wiggled it around a bit to find it's sweet spot, and no change.

I moved the bar out of the road and used my finger. No light....
So then I used a chrome wrench, and no light.

"Swell!"

So I cycled the power once again, and now it's fine. :rolleyes5:

Strange....

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

That's your machine telling you to quit for the day and celebrate New Years... my machine's generally do that when they sense that I need a day off; however, they generally find much more expensive ways to tell me.

Well, it's got to be a 3 warr as the "laser" light is on all the time - which would need 2 warrs, and then an output warr.

I think that I have replaced that prox along the way somewhere.
It's not original.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have seen this pattern in a variety of weird places, mostly in computers. For example my airtop fanless PC has a similar weirdness where it looks like the power supply inside the machine is burned out, until you unplug the wall transformer, count to 3 or so, and then plug it back in. You MUST unplug it at the back of the machine, merely unplugging it from the wall doesn't count.

I presume that explanation has to do with charge being built up somewhere it's not meant to be, or some bit of storage that is "stuck" and when you remove power the charge drains out of it.

I would think in this case the stuckness could be either in the sensor itself or on controller interface for it.

None of that is likely to be helpful, but Happy New Year Ox, and everybody else... And Be Safe!

Back