What's new
What's new

Restarting Citizen Cincom mid-program

turner13

Aluminum
Good afternoon,

Is it possible to restart "mid-program" on a Citizen Cincom? I have a cycle time of about 80 mins at the moment and if the machine stops part way in, the only way Ive been shown is to part off, go to start point and start from scratch?

Thanks,
T13

I feel your pain. I use a Citizen A20 (with added live tool dogleg for face ops, front and back) and sometimes my cycle times are 30 minutes, sometimes 2 hours 30 minutes. Not typical Swiss usage but I get complete parts, worked front and back, and I'm not doing large quantities of parts. Theoretically, it's probably possible to do what you;re asking, but in practice​ you're better off just drop that part in the pan and start over.

What Tom said. Supposedly it's possible. I work in a shop with more Citizens than most shops have employees. We have multiple programmers with multiple styles. I've been to Chicago and trained with Brian Such on advanced Citizen applications.

I've never seen anyone restart mid program.

Supposedly STAR machines with Fanuc controls can do this easily, but I've never seen it done on either Mitsubishi or Fanuc controlled machines.

I am still new Citizen, but have ran Mits controlled Mazak for a while. I have not tried this, but I think it would work. At the start of your program put in a "GOTO3000" and that should make it skip to line N3000 I have not tried this since I have not had a long enough cycle to justify it.

I am still new Citizen, but have ran Mits controlled Mazak for a while. I have not tried this, but I think it would work. At the start of your program put in a "GOTO3000" and that should make it skip to line N3000 I have not tried this since I have not had a long enough cycle to justify it.

I could see doing that. I'd make N3000 a safety block though, set all the modal commands, set the proper G6XX, make sure main and sub are properly open/closed/synced etc... But I don't see why it shouldn't work.

I could see doing that. I'd make N3000 a safety block though, set all the modal commands, set the proper G6XX, make sure main and sub are properly open/closed/synced etc... But I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Yes, that would be a very good idea. Also giving it a bit more thought, you might have to put another "GOTOxxxx" in the $2 to make sure everything gets going correctly. Like if you $2 is sitting on a wait code, jump to the line before that.

Back