What's new
What's new

Retrofitting a 4th Axis to Kitamura MyCenter 1 with Fanuc O-MC

mclausen

Plastic
I have a Kitamura MyCenter 1 with a Fanuc O-MC control that I want to add a 4th axis to. I have a Yukiwa SNC 4th axis that I will be changing the motor to a O-1SP/3000 with a C serial encoder. The 4th originally cam with an absolute encoder, so all it has is a home switch. There is no decelerate switch or limit switches.
Is there a way to home the axis without a DEC4 switch? I don't mind manually jogging it close, and letting it search slowly for the home.
Also, since there is no limit switches, do I just leave the -4 and +4 pins disconnected?

I noticed there is a 4NG input listed for the I/O card. I assume this is a 4th axis neglect. Is it possible to add a switch to this input to neglect the 4th when it is not on the machine without having to go in and change the parameter?

Finally the brake actuation pneumatic valve in this 4th has position switches to notify the valve position. Is there a way to tie these back to the M10 and M11 codes that operate the brake so there is a finished signal before the next move is processed? I don't see any I/O inputs listed for these signals.

Thanks,

Mike

Do you have the electrical drawings from Kitamura?

I have a Kitamura MyCenter 1 with a Fanuc O-MC control that I want to add a 4th axis to. I have a Yukiwa SNC 4th axis that I will be changing the motor to a O-1SP/3000 with a C serial encoder. The 4th originally cam with an absolute encoder, so all it has is a home switch. There is no decelerate switch or limit switches.
Is there a way to home the axis without a DEC4 switch?
Do the other axes on the machine use ZRN decel switches? If so then you will need to add a decel switch to the rotary.

I don't mind manually jogging it close, and letting it search slowly for the home.
Also, since there is no limit switches, do I just leave the -4 and +4 pins disconnected?
I think the limit switch requirement for a rotary is controlled by a parameter.

I noticed there is a 4NG input listed for the I/O card. I assume this is a 4th axis neglect. Is it possible to add a switch to this input to neglect the 4th when it is not on the machine without having to go in and change the parameter?
Thats the Idea as I understand it.

Finally the brake actuation pneumatic valve in this 4th has position switches to notify the valve position. Is there a way to tie these back to the M10 and M11 codes that operate the brake so there is a finished signal before the next move is processed? I don't see any I/O inputs listed for these signals.
That will be in the electrical drawings

The additional axis is an option. I am not familiar with a non (i) zero. but there may be additional hurdles "$$" to overcome in that arena also.

I did some more digging and it turns out the H4 input is not home for the 4th. The only home switch is the DEC4. I believe it decelerates when the switch is triggered, and then starts looking for the encoder index signal after the switch is released. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be good with only the single switch.
I also found an input in the ladder for a 4th axis clamp finished switch, so one of the pneumatic valve position switches can be tied in.

Back