What's new
What's new

Rip willeo6709

anonymity

Plastic
To the Practical Machinist Forum:

Today, it is with a very heavy heart that I come to report the passing of a dear friend, whom everyone here knows as "WILLEO6709", 2/12/2018.

I met WILLEO6709 through my job a couple years ago and was directed here to follow his new machine thread. He was what can only be described as a larger than life person with a heart of gold. He was not the type to be flashy or overbearing. He was humble. He was caring. He was kind, and willing to help any and all who needed and asked for it.

WILLEO6709, a man I met barely two years ago left a lifelong impression on me personally and will be sorely missed.

To say he touched all of us here would be an understatement.

His excitement and passion for manufacturing and machining was obvious to any and all.

He is survived by family who are working to adjust after this unexpected loss.

If there is anyone who would like to pass along sympathies to the family, who have asked me to share this most somber of news, feel free to post them here, and I promise to pass them along.

If there are any other moderators who would like to contact me via private message I would be willing to work out a phone call so this can be fact checked.

Please keep his family in your hearts and prayers as they work through this most difficult time.

Rest in Peace, the obit says he was only 47, way too young, very sad.

This is terrible. We spoke from time to time and emailed a bit. I appreciated his forthright demeanor. He was a very giving gentleman. When we were looking around for a chuck for the turning center, he had offered me a whole shelving unit of jaws for it. All I had to do was drive down and grab them. Likewise, I would often try to help with his questions about his Mitsubishi WEDM. His approach to machining was not different than his demeanor - very straight forward. Just get the job done. What a crappy day.

RIP, Sir.

Oh my. I had no idea he was that young. I liked his posts, a guy like that is going to be missed by a lot of people. I will.

NOoooo! I can't believe it! He was an awesome person! So willing to help! My condolences to his family and may God ease their grief!

Wow! Young guy was in his 40's. Condolences to the family :-(

The obituary didn't mention cause of death? If you don't recognize the username you might recognize his avatar.....

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/members/willeo6709/

RIP.

I hadn't realized he was only 47, though he certainly was planning to go for while longer with that new Okuma LB he bought little more than a year ago.
I don't know if he had many employees or a back up plan for this scenario, but maybe members in his area can see if his family needs help to sort out the shop and what do to next.

Another reminder that none of us know when we might be checking out.

Seems like too many PM members have been checking out lately. For those that haven't gotten a regular check-up in the last year it might be a time to go get one. Even though if you feel great there are a lot of silent killers out there that don't show obvious symptoms for years. High blood pressure and diabetes are two of those.

I don't know if he had many employees or a back up plan for this scenario, but maybe members in his area can see if his family needs help to sort out the shop and what do to next.

I was wonderin the same.......................What kinda operation did he have goin'?

Back