Robo Drill Interlock
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Robo Drill Interlock

Is there any way to get around the Robo drill interlock so I Can use an edge finder while setting up. Currently i can only turn 100 rpm's.

I do not want to disable the safety, just wondering if their is another workaround

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only answer I was ever able to get, was from other owners....
    The only thing anybody was ever able to come up with was to take the cabinet apart, and have a spare door key to allow the machine to think the door was shut, while sucking in it's favorite little door key.

On my machine, having a spare door key would not do much good unless you took a few panels off of the top, to get at the door interlock switch.

Otherwise, I take the side panel off, and lean in the side.

I used to be able to get the spindle to do 100 RPM with the door oopen, now I can't make it happen. I lost the top secret procedure. 00 RPM with the door open.

Don't get me started about how dangerous it is to FORCE you to DEFEAT the interlock in order to do setups!!
    After the machine EXPLODED an endmill at 24,000 RPM, I made sure that no operator could defeat the door interlock.

Why can't it have a keyswitch for that? I don't know? It would be 100 times safer that HAVING to defeat the interlock for setups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No ideas on the Door switch but you could start using a 3D taster. They don't need the spindle on.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pete,
    Look in the custom set-up screen and there is a value (RPM) to enter for the spindle running with door open. Unfortunately, it only allows 100.
    Ohhhh, wouldn't 1000 rpm be nice!

Still, elf and safely...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or a electric edge finder.... the ones with the little lamp inside to tell you when you are 2.5mm (or .100") away from the edge.

Heres mine
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boris_t...ing/Probe1.jpg

Plus side.... used with the spindle stopped
    downside.... dont let your apprentice near it

Boris

<,once defeated a robodrill interlock...... and fired a mag base out of the machine at 500 rpm when he pressed the spindle start instead of the Z jog