What's new
What's new

Robodrill T14ia forgets Y home.

Traxis mfg.

Plastic
Hi, as the title states we have a T14ia Robo with a 16i-M Control.

The machine seems to randomly loose it's Y coord when powering on.

I replaced the D batteries in the back and checked the battery behind the front panel. There is a servo control with another what looks like nicad pack which is an unknown.

I attempted to leave the main breaker on on the back but the machine eventually still forgot the machine value for y.

When this occurs it gives no initial alarms, but give an over travel warning when attempting to move using a program.

I need to check the back servo control battery, what else can I look at?

The 1815 parameter last I checked had values in Y that matched x,z,a and b. When it forgot the coordinates this morning, the 1815 values for Y only were changed back to 0's.

Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Parameter 1815 bit 5 should be a 1 if the machine has absolute pulse coders on an axis (which yours should). If 1815.5 is not a 1, try to change it to a 1.

The machine will likely require you to home out Y, which should automatically set 1815.4 to 1

When all is said and done, they should all be 00110000 according to our '97 t14ia

Sounds like a bad encoder. You could try swapping the encoder cable to another axis to see if the problem moves to the new axis or stays with the Y.

Back