Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys, ExKenna here. Please consider my site if looking for high performance USA made end mills at a great price. I built the site so you could find what you need in 5 mouse clicks. I'll be adding Benchmark Carbide and G.W. Schultz Alumagator tools soon.

End Mill Depot .com

Link: End Mill Depot - End Mill Depot Home Page

Thanks
    X

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by exkenna View Post
    Hey guys, ExKenna here. Please consider my site if looking for high performance USA made end mills at a great price. I built the site so you could find what you need in 5 mouse clicks. I'll be adding Benchmark Carbide and G.W. Schultz Alumagator tools soon.

End Mill Depot .com

Thanks
    X
    Now we have to look on 2 different webpages to to check out your stuff Mr. ExKenna? JK. Will you be moving all endmill selection to this site or will some still be available at latheinserts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by exkenna View Post

End Mill Depot .com

Thanks
    X
    How many sites do you have Curtis?? Either way, I've used them for reference. But a phone call,
    or a text or an e-mail has always gotten me the goods I need. Always quality, and always a nice price.

And no I don't work for Curtis.. After MSC bought J&L, I dealt with a few smaller companies, and then
    Curtis, aka ExKenna, aka ToolSource came along, I met him on this site, and its been pretty much
    easy peasy since then.. I can't even begin to comprehend the dollars saved if I had been buying from MSC.

Though I do have one example. Years ago, I wanted to FILL the drill cabinet. So I had my better half
    enter all the part #'s and qty's I wanted into MSC's site, all split point cobalts, "USA made".. And I was
    waiting for a 35% off sale.. Well.. That's when Curtis first came into my life.. Granted I had to buy package
    qty's from Curtis, a dozen under 1/4", half dozen over.. But I saved 53% off of MSC's 35% off price. It
    ended up being about $2700 for 2700ish drills, from little guys to 1/2", stubbies and jobbers, all split point
    cobalts.. Best investment I ever made.

4. Likes Machinist John, eaglemike, Bluejeep liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, this may be one more time you're wrong. I own Rogue Systems Inc,and my shop exists in reality, not my mind. I live, work, and play in southern Oregon. All tools we sell, are in fact, made here. Here is a link of a shop video for all to see. YouTube

We are the real deal, and hope you'll give us a try.Let's all keep manufacturing alive and well here in the USA.

Thank You,

William McDonald
    President
    Rogue Systems Inc

6. Likes litlerob1 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Search again and you'll now find us. Tools made by Rogue Systems may be found at our official website, carbidetoolsource.com . On EBay, you will find we have 100.00% positive feedback. And, yes, we make it in Oregon.
    For a shop video,check us out here at YouTube

Please stay away from Chinese, and if you don't buy from us, please buy American. Thank You

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Somehow their product line does not look like the standard chinese fair.
    It's not! Made here in Oregon, and sold direct from us, the manufacturer. Check out our shop video here at YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Harrington View Post
    Here we are! carbidetoolsource.com is Rogue Systems official site. Here is a shop video for the doubters out there;
    YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzert View Post
    Looking at their prices I'm honestly not sure how they're making a go of it. My only guess is they're trying to build a customer base and a price increase will follow eventually. carbide prices are down from a few years back but it can't be that cheap is it?
    We can do it by running lights out, and selling direct. It also helps that I used to own Excalibur Tool, that manufactures our CNC tool grinders. Low overhead, lights out manufacturing, and no middle man = great value.

Check out the shop here at YouTube

Thank You-

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mebfab View Post
    I have bought from them. Ship same day. Tools seemed fine. But run on 2 axis cnc mill. No coolant, r8 spindle. So I Do not push hard. Ran once on vf3. Tool life, removal rate, finish in line with house brand from msc or any other standard carbide supplier.

Equal to destiny tools best offering? Hell no. But look at price.
    Please try our performance line of AlumaCut end mills, if you'd like to compare to Destiny. I believe we offer a strong value, whether you choose our general purpose, or performance tools. And, we are an approved MSC vendor by the way. Thank You-

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jashley73 View Post
    Ummmmm, not quite...
    Gkoenig is correct. We've been making tools since 1986, mainly "private label" for other manufacturers, and I can tell you the very least a distributor nets on a retail tool is 30%. Most times it is in fact 50%. This is why our tools are priced the way they are. No Middleman. You won't miss the Middleman, and neither will we....

13. Likes Green0 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wsurfer View Post
    You can get a 3/8 yg-1 alu power carbide hi helix 3 flute for $17.50 and you know what your getting.. And they are stupid sharp and polished.
    So are my AlumaCuts. Try Rogue Systems tools. I think you'll like them better as the end teeth corners won't blow off like the YG often do. And America is always a better choice than South Korea. Our official website is carbidetoolsource.com and a shop video can be found here at YouTube

Thank You

15. Likes Green0 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cwtoyota View Post
    I have a few of their plain carbide 1/2", standard-length, 4fl end mills. They are superior to the cheap offshore stuff and don't look like repackaged Chinesium tool.

Since they are not bright carbide and don't have the higher helix angles appropriate for aluminum, I would suggest that YG-1 alu-power that Wsurfer mentioned as a low cost tool for aluminum before using the Rogue stuff in that material.

For general purpose work on a manual machine or for single part setups, the Rogue milling cutters work just fine.
    I can't say these are a high-end / premium cutting tool, or well suited for high volume CNC work. They are good for the price point if you need a plain un-coated tool.

I can't say anything about their coated stuff. I don't know what they offer, haven't looked and I haven't tried any of it.

The other product I ordered from Rogue is their uncoated spotting drill. I ordered a package of four or five and have one in the magazine in my VMC.
    I like them and have had no trouble using them to spot drill when hole locations are critical.
    Try our AlumaCut series for a comparable YG product. They are our performance series for aluminum, and are highly polished. I'm glad to hear you like our spotting drills. Our official website is carbidetoolsource.com andshop video can be found here at YouTube Thank you agin for your business-

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSystemsInc View Post
    So are my AlumaCuts. Try Rogue Systems tools. I think you'll like them better as the end teeth corners won't blow off like the YG often do. And America is always a better choice than South Korea. Our official website is carbidetoolsource.com and a shop video can be found here at YouTube

Thank You
    I agree with the yg1 being more susceptible to the corner coming off but they leave better surface finishes for me. I’m glad you guys got your own website you guys do make great tools just not as polished as the yg1

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    I agree with the yg1 being more susceptible to the corner coming off but they leave better surface finishes for me. I’m glad you guys got your own website you guys do make great tools just not as polished as the yg1
    The Rouge tools are the shit. No bullshit pricing games. Good performing tools. I'm a fanboy of this stuff.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gkoenig is correct. We've been making tools since 1986, mainly "private label" for other manufacturers, and I can tell you the very least a distributor nets on a retail tool is 30%. Most times it is in fact 50%. This is why our tools are priced the way they are. No Middleman. You won't miss the Middleman, and neither will we....

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! That's moving at the speed of business!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just bought 8 1/2in end mills and then had to go to Suncoast tools for 6 5" OAL 2.5" flute end mills, I would prefer to buy 5" OAL 1/2" aluminum cutting end mills with 2" LOC from you. The hydraulic holders won't bite on the 4" length in our application with 2.8" stick out.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gkoenig is correct.
    I forgot about this thread, but anyone who notes how correct I am gets my business!
    Look for that 3 line item order of aluminum end mills. Looking forward to giving them a run!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gkoenig View Post
    I forgot about this thread, but anyone who notes how correct I am gets my business!
    Look for that 3 line item order of aluminum end mills. Looking forward to giving them a run!
    Got a package of the 1/2" end mills today, first thing a guy did was drop one on the concrete, The second time I've seen the rogue stuff dropped on the floor minute one somebody is opening the package. The end mill didn't lose a flute but it would be sweet if they had little cubes of foam in the end of the tubes to protect the flutes, the plastic tube with the rubber end seems really minimalist for protection.

Or maybe ziplock the 6-8 end mills into a bag so that butterfingers aren't at play.

23. Likes sfriedberg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you affiliated with Griffin Armament?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole2534 View Post
    Are you affiliated with Griffin Armament?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Programming/Production engineering. We make quality high value products that require high value performing equipment and tools.