ROI Brother S100 vs Haas DM-2 - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think a lot if not most of these threads about "Haas VS Brothers" go sideways is trying to compare the machine to each other... that well never work. Brothers makes light weight machines for light cuts and well there Fast as hell there not a heavy machine that can take heavy cuts.
    I am not saying Haas is a heavy machine by any reach ,, but the VF line is heavier than any of the brother mills I have seen by a long shot ... and with weight come Mass and that can make for a machine that is slower.

It all boils down to what your using the machine for ,, Brothers builds a nice drill/tap center that has good milling capacity for its size. but if your going to be pulling off a lot of material and need it done fast your going to use a bigger machine with more power and more rigidity.

The other big difference between Brothers and Haas is Price
    well its hard to compare the vf2ss to a S700 from all the numbers I have seen the brothers is close to twice the price.

2. Likes Fal Grunt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by as9100d View Post
    Much too dangerous for my tastes. then again I don't like paying for spindles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    No danger the force is all up into the spindle taper.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    No danger the force is all up into the spindle taper.
    And held together by a tiny pull stud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D.D.Machine View Post
    The other big difference between Brothers and Haas is Price
    well its hard to compare the vf2ss to a S700 from all the numbers I have seen the brothers is close to twice the price.
    I don't think there is that much of a price difference. When I priced the VF2 and compared it to the S700, the numbers that I remember was the Haas was $77k, the Brother was $90k, as apples to apples as I could get them.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We all knew it was gonna be a rough thread lol...it's been surprisingly civil thus far lol.

7. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Each dm2 cost more than the brother.....guess I got ripped off lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    I don't think there is that much of a price difference. When I priced the VF2 and compared it to the S700, the numbers that I remember was the Haas was $77k, the Brother was $90k, as apples to apples as I could get them.
    Haas has sales about non stop this last few years

There year end sale on the vf2ss is $73,995
    through spindle coolant
    4th axis drive
    Probing ( tool and fixture)
    chip auger
    hight intensity light ( not needed)
    P-cool ( also not needed)
    High speed machining ( must have )
    Auxilary coolant filter ( needed for TSC )
    And standard is wash down hose and 31 tool capacity

Please post the number for the S700
    I might be wrong? but the numbers Andy sent me a year ago were close to double and he told me they were on sale at that time.

I just wrote a check for a new DM2 with a auger for just under 57K ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Haas has sales about non stop this last few years

There year end sale on the vf2ss is $73,995
    through spindle coolant
    4th axis drive
    Probing ( tool and fixture)
    chip auger
    hight intensity light ( not needed)
    P-cool ( also not needed)
    High speed machining ( must have )
    Auxilary coolant filter ( needed for TSC )
    And standard is wash down hose and 31 tool capacity

Please post the number for the S700
    I might be wrong? but the numbers Andy sent me a year ago were close to double and he told me they were on sale at that time.

I just wrote a check for a new DM2 with a auger for just under 57K ....
    If haas hadn't changed the control, and ditched Coldfire support? And, my local HFO hadn't turned in to a shit-show?
    And, they still had great support and parts prices/availability? I would consider that! X2!
    But, they did, and they don't.

Seriously, slap a Coldfire-II control on that new haas with the 30+1 servo side-mount, with HSM? That would be a bitchin' deal.
    Next-gen is too gimmiky, and glitchy. Maybe they have the bugs worked out? But, Coldfire-II was just so perfect. Why, ohh why, did they fuck with it?

11. Likes as9100d, eaglemike liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My hfo is so bad that I bought a building in another state just to take delivery of new machines ROI Brother S100 vs Haas DM-2

Damn machines are just so easy to operate.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We recently had some demo S700 16k CTSI machines that were within about 5-10% of your price DD. Same options. 21 tools, no auger, no Pcool though but you get some other features that aren't available on the other machines too. Yamazen still has a few very good Year End Clearance opportunities available for anyone interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    If haas hadn't changed the control, and ditched Coldfire support? And, my local HFO hadn't turned in to a shit-show?
    And, they still had great support and parts prices/availability? I would consider that! X2!
    But, they did, and they don't.
    When I got the first NGC control into the shop it was the biggest POS I have ever worked with ,,, The only day I liked that machine was the day the HFO had it removed ,,, but the vf2ss I got 2 years after it runs like a champ .. 99% of the control feels and runs just like the old control and the only real change is in the probing cycles and after learning it I like it just as well as the old one..

The local HFO in seattle is ok to deal with.. there getting a LOT better over the last 6 years. as for support and parts I have found I can get every part I have needed in a day or two and well I think it was a crappy deal no longer supporting the coldfire boards they are still better than MORI or Doosan at getting parts and machines fixed ...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You doing like the NGC? I personally love it and we only have one more Haas to replace and we will be ROI Brother S100 vs Haas DM-2 NGC.

What didn't you like about it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERFRANK View Post
    We recently had some demo S700 16k CTSI machines that were within about 5-10% of your price DD. Same options. 21 tools, no auger, no Pcool though but you get some other features that aren't available on the other machines too. Yamazen still has a few very good Year End Clearance opportunities available for anyone interested.
    so whats the price with chip auger or a conveyer , tool and part probing , through spindle coolant , and 4th axis drive ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so whats the price with chip auger or a conveyer , tool and part probing , through spindle coolant , and 4th axis drive ?
    That was with Blum tool setter, Renishaw part probe, 500 PSI Through Spindle coolant, 5 axis (4+1) ready, LED light, wash gun, 50 gallon coolant tank with programmable chip wash, MPG.... Conveyor is extra. You will need to get two of the other machines to keep up (or work longer hours) so it is a very good value. Congrats on the new machine. I am sure it will be exactly what you needed and serve you well.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERFRANK View Post
    That was with Blum tool setter, Renishaw part probe, 500 PSI Through Spindle coolant, 5 axis (4+1) ready, LED light, wash gun, 50 gallon coolant tank with programmable chip wash, MPG.... Conveyor is extra. You will need to get two of the other machines to keep up (or work longer hours) so it is a very good value. Congrats on the new machine. I am sure it will be exactly what you needed and serve you well.
    There is no way 1 brother is equal to two dm1/2s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh your smarter than that. . . Read what he said.

If you have to make 1000 parts a month, but your machine can only make 800, you need two machines, right?

If the Haas will make 800 parts in a given time frame, and the Brother will make 1000 parts in the same time frame, you would need TWO Haas.

20. Likes BROTHERFRANK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

conveyor is extra? what the price on it for lets say the S700 mill? I produce about a 35 gallon trash can every hour of alum chips per mill ,,, I do not have time to walk to the back of a machine and scoop chips with a shovel and then clean up the mess.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are right. It's more like 3! Just kidding. We were comparing another model which I have many clients that have doubled their daily output with a Brother. If the brother is just 15% faster, it will still take two machines to keep up. 15% of a year is almost two months, 15% of a work month is about 26 hours or $2600 more or less in your pocket. We are on your side. If our clients aren't successful, we are out of business. I post here to help people out. I get nothing if someone buys a brother machine unless it happens to be in my tiny neck of the woods in Southern California. I am happy to assist and answer anyone's questions. I am a consumer too and I appreciate when I need information and am able to get it. I just happen to really like the brother machines, which people who try them out overwhelmingly do. Something you can't get from a brochure or a quote is the feeling of quality you get when you set one up and run one. Many users comment how they really like how user friendly the control is as well. I've been running, programming, tooling, servicing, maintaining, turn-keying, installing, training and assisting clients purchasing them for 22 years. I have been really blessed.

23. Likes Vancbiker, Fal Grunt, as9100d liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

conveyor is extra? what the price on it for lets say the S700 mill? I produce about a 35 gallon trash can every hour of alum chips per mill ,,, I do not have time to walk to the back of a machine and scoop chips with a shovel and then clean up the mess.
    oh, time is important to you! The conveyors are what they are. We offer Turbo and Mayfran and there is not one perfect solution out there for every chip handling and material situation. We don't make them and we don't price them. They are pricey but that is our clients choice. Our clients can choose to source something else or make their own etc... The machines come with an excellent coolant and chip handling system that about 90% of users stick with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't option a Mayfran Clean-Sweep! Esp. if you make any aluminum fines (who doesn't?)
    The haas auger and a chip-trap is worlds better!