Romi C420 Parameters
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Romi C420 Parameters

I have a Romi C420 lathe with the Siemens 802D sl Sinumerik controler, and I'm trying to find the parameter for changing the retract distance in the boring cycle as well as other tools. The setting now is 1mm. In fact all of the tools appear to retract 1mm. This retract distance is when I use the conversational control programming. The parameters from several manuals that I downloaded don't seem to match my controller. I'm not having any luck getting information from Romi or Siemens. It seems that getting customer support from either company is like pulling teeth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    I have a Romi C420 lathe with the Siemens 802D sl Sinumerik controler, It seems that getting customer support from either company is like pulling teeth.
    No help from me but I've owned a couple of C420's with the Siemens control and had similar experience with support. Siemens tries to create the illusion of support by reacting quickly but never actually comes thru in the end. One maddening thing is the control has no backup battery (uses a "super capacitor") so if not used for a week it looses parameters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Milicron, I know what you mean. It's a shame because it's a nice rigid machine compared to similar lathes in it's class. The Siemens software/Linux interface is full of bugs and was therefore defective from the outset. We have trouble with it locking up/resetting between menu selections...very frustrating. You'd think Romi would stand behind their products, but apparently not. I certainly wouldn't recommend Romi over the Haas simply because the latter's customer service is so good. I suppose that's why they have the biggest percentage of the machine tool market in North America.