What's new
What's new

Romi C510 with Siemens 828d ISO programming question

RustyDrill

Plastic
Hey all...new member here
I recently purchased a new Romi C510 lathe with the Siemens 828D control

It's replacing a 20 year old Nardini that had a Fanuc 20-T....I also have a Haas SL10 in operation

I have hundreds of G-code programs that we run on repeat parts and I want to convert them to run on the Romi

So far I have been able to load and run several programs until I get to one that has fixed cycles (G83, G84 etc)

Going by the manual and inputting the parameters and code exactly as shown there...(using the G291)

I cannot get these cycles to work as they should.

Any input would be much appreciated...

siemens uses cycle83 instead of the g83. the conversation side should walk you through the cycle.
Thats the part of the program you will have to modify. And to use it in a fanuc style g-code you will
have to have the mcall function in something like this

x5 y5
mcall cycle83(5,5,5,5,5);believe it will from this line so have it positioned before
x.5 y.2
x1 y-3
mcall;cancels the modal

If you have to rebuild the canned cycles anyways, why not just convert it over to Siemens code? There isn't that much difference, and you have the added advantage of using the visual mask for conversational input of your canned cycles.

Honestly I am surprised that FANUC compatibility mode is choking on the canned cycles. Did you ask Romi to take a look yet?

Back