What's new
What's new

Romi drill on center and general axis setup questions ROMI BMSY

zschary

Aluminum
Were just about ready now to run this machine, figured the bugs etc.. On programs that i load the machine hits the hard stop at the top of the x axis like it does not know where it is.. It is a absolute encoder machine so it "kind of" knows.. Here is the problem.. The coordinates in this column from the pic attached here with my dirty finger, are at zero, and when i change them it changes the position of the machine.. The other operator said that -11.4 drilled on center, its even written with a sharpie on the machine.. That is no longer center.. I ran a coaxial indicator and tried to change these figures for the drill holder i will use to get it to read 11.4, but i dont think that is right.. its prob an offset or something.. Does any fanuc expert here know how to set up the machine to know where it is.. machine is only supposed to read a max of .19 positive in x but now goes a few inches that way... is this the right area to work on?
thank you .. Really lost here and need this machine up and running parts.. its a FANUC 18i-tbIMG_0514.jpg

I'm not familiar with that page as I use gridshift on the Fanuc lathes, but is that G54.0 and G54.1 that I am seeing?
If so - how many offsets does it end up allowing you?

It sounds like maybe the machine blew a belt or similar, and MAINT didn't know how to re-set the location.
If nothing else, they could have skipped the belt around until it was right....

So - let's start here:
What is in the X field in param 1250?

The pic has me a bit concerned ....
Am I conversing with a zombie?
Have you had yuhr liver checked lately?
Are you pure blood Asian?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I will look tomorrow thanks Ox.. The machine has an EXT side of the work offset page .. the Romi folks have had me put some stuff in there.. I dont believe it was a belt or other.. When i got the machine it was ok as far as center but then i think i took some offsets or something out of that field and all changed..
i will look at that parameter tomorrow.. i have been setting x manually and that worked a couple times but i would like to get the machine back to where it should be.. thank you sir..

Back