What's new
What's new

Rotary 4th axis for homemade lathe

Mike2019

Plastic
Hello,

This is my first time positing here and I'm not very familiar with the site. I was just wondering if anyone had any guidance in where I could find a tailstock and chuck with motor to spin about 150lb.

I'm finding lots of small nema 23's and 34's but nothing else. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

This is my first time positing here and I'm not very familiar with the site. I was just wondering if anyone had any guidance in where I could find a tailstock and chuck with motor to spin about 150lb.

I'm finding lots of small nema 23's and 34's but nothing else. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

What???? :confused: You kinda lost me with tailstock and motor.....

Sorry for my language, I'm new to this.

I built an motorized X and Z axis and I need something to spin a post that weights 150lb so it can be carved. Is there something I can buy to do that or do I have to build my own?

Thank you for your help

you need to explain your situation in much more detail, and I suspect c n c zone (fix the syntax) dot com will be more helpful. might also look around and ask in a forum by Artsoft. a 34 frame stepper even a 23 will spin heavy things, not necessarily fast enuf, depends on weight, length, configuration of the rotary and more. folk here operate above the level of what I think you are looking for.

Back