What's new
What's new

Rottller P69AHD vs centroid A560

subway_savage

Plastic
Hello,

I need to decide on which one to get, the rottller is going to be 35k cheaper than the centroid. But I think the centroid is more powerful and robust and can cut faster. For the price difference the centroid is going to have a 24 tool changer vs non on the rottller for the quoted price. I can't seem to decide which one is a better choice in the long run.

Thanks

Hello,

I need to decide on which one to get, the rottller is going to be 35k cheaper than the centroid. But I think the centroid is more powerful and robust and can cut faster. For the price difference the centroid is going to have a 24 tool changer vs non on the rottller for the quoted price. I can't seem to decide which one is a better choice in the long run.

Thanks

No tool changer? And you can't decide? Have you ever run a mill without a tool changer? Have you nothing else to do but stand there and babysit your mill? Long run? You will pay for the difference in no time. I have a Mill with a Centroid control, hard to beat it. In my mind their is no question, Get the Centroid.

I ran for years without a toolchanger. Trust me, you want a tool changer. :) It will pay for itself quickly.
(as noted above)
No personal experience with either of them, never heard of the rottller.

It will be doing porting most of the time then block boring and surfacing so there won't be many tool changes during runs.

Besides the tool changer on the P69AHD is very slow... And it can only hold 6 tools (3 each arm)

Which one has the better software?

I had a Centroid mill, and the Intercon was very handy. I think they extended Intercon for automotive machining operations, which could make you a lot more productive than worse software.

It's isn't always about the hardware, it's about productivity and how much money you can make.

Rottler have their own cad/cam package for block work and porting while the centroid have a conversational system in their controller for block work and mastercam with port expert for porting and other ops. They both get the job done.

Back