What's new
What's new

Run 30 parts then stop?

FOXFIRE

Aluminum
I have a Hardinge Talent with a Fanuc Oi-TB control. On the setting page their is a parts count , and a parts required page. But it only counts the part if their is an M30. When I'm doing bar work with a M99 it does not register the part. Their is no auto restart switch , so this is how I get it to run a bar (M99). How can I run a specified amount then quit?
Thanks in advance.:cheers:

Parts counting is different from control to control. I just use macros.

#500 = #500 + 1
IF[#500 GE 30] GOTO100
M99
N100 M30

O1000
M98 P301111 (P1111 is your prog with the M99 in it. The 30 after the P is the number of loops)
M30

or another way

O1000
M98 P1111L30 (1111 is your prog with the M99 in it L30 is loop 30 times )
M30

If 1 format doesn't work, the other generally will.

Either a macro or subprogram loop will do the trick. The advantage to those methods is that they can be applied to other problems as well.

If you want to just use an M code try checking parameter #6710. On the 0i-tc that's were the part count M code is specified.

my hardinge cobra has a parameter that you can set for auto repeat with a barfeeder. you still end the program with M30 and then the parts counter works. look for the auto repeat.

O1000
M98 P1111L30 (1111 is your prog with the M99 in it L30 is loop 30 times )
M30
Took yesterday off and went fishing:)
This is what I went with this morning and works great. Thanks
Thanks for all the replys ,I will play around with these when a get some more time.
This place is the best when you are a one man band and need a little help.:cheers:

This counter only counts the M30.
Our machine uses M12 for the counter... Hyundai-Kia... it has an external counter on the front of the control and every time it sees an M12, it adds +1.
Not sure I'm understanding you... My machine most definitely adds to the parts counter every time M54 is read. If I wanted to use M12 as my count code I'd replace the 54 in my pic with 12. M12 might be specified as some other function in my control though, hence someone else's comment about specific part count code varying.

With no idea of the op's experience I suppose I really should have said to use caution when trying the M54. No idea what his machine builders have specified for that code.

Once the parts count equals the parts required then the machine alarms out and stops. The nice thing about using the macro and/or subcall methods with counting is they don't throw an alarm. (unless programmed to) A program can be written so the machine stops at a set number of parts and then continue on when cycle start is hit. No worries that way about an operator having to reset or change anything in order to keep running.

Parts counting is different from control to control. I just use macros.

#500 = #500 + 1
IF[#500 GE 30] GOTO100
M99
N100 M30

This is how I do it. Except I assign another variable to be my part qty like #501. Then on my variable page set 501 to what ever I want for a count

If you are going to run the program over and over make sure you put a #500=0 before your M30 so that it is reset for next time.

Either a macro or subprogram loop will do the trick. The advantage to those methods is that they can be applied to other problems as well.

If you want to just use an M code try checking parameter #6710. On the 0i-tc that's were the part count M code is specified.
Just had a few minutes to check this out. M97 is what is specified there.
Sub program loop is working great but nice to know other options, if I have to interrupt the loop this might be a better way to go.. No operators to worry about, except me.:D

The loop counter on the sub call is a slight help, but once you stop it in the middle of the bar - You are SOL.

I think that you can add other M calls to the counter library.
I don't know the param number off the top of my head.
Glance through the params and you may find it.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This counter only counts the M30.
Our machine uses M12 for the counter... Hyundai-Kia... it has an external counter on the front of the control and every time it sees an M12, it adds +1.

M12 must be a Kia thing. Mine, SKT21, uses M12 as the counter and no other M code even M30.

Back