What's new
What's new

S500x1 Brother fired up but A Axis Servo Error(Low Battery)

david n

Diamond
It's alive. But I have an A axis servo error (battery low)..............This girl came with a Nikken 4th. I assume the drive is the one with the red light on and all the way to the left. Where's the battery? I already swapped out control batteries.........................What gives?

It's not the battery, it's mad that it was disconnected. Check this post that I copied down and now can't find the thread to give proper credit:

Procedure:

1. Press I/O button

1a. (EDIT) I think you have to press I/O F key then the right arrow, I do it so often to change the write parameter that it is just habit and I can't remember)

2. Press right Arrow key

3. Press "Version"

4. Press "1" then <enter> (Parameter write enable)

5. Press 'I/O Menu" F key

(Takes you back to the very first menu screen of the I/O menu, should see a list of options for the F keys vertically on the screen)

6. Type -9999 and <enter>

7. Bottom right of the screen you will see "Reset Addt'l Axis" (next to last F key)

8. Press that F key

9. Cursor to the first box beside of "A" (or B) axis label depending on how the tilt/rotary is mounted

10. Press "2" <enter> (reset encoder counter)

WAIT until the 2 disappears

11. Move cursor back to that box and press "1" then <enter> (set axis display to 0)

Follow Steps 9-11 for "B" axis (or C axis, depending on how they are on the table)

Press <rst> key (reset)

Note: This just resets the encoders to wherever the table is currently at to be Zero. To properly set up the axis, you would of course tram in the A (or B - tilt) axis and reset the encoder again. - Same for the rotary. You can use the second box over from the A, B or C label to actually tell it a dimension to set the axis to when you do the 1 <enter> thing. i.e. if you tram the tilt axis in at -90° then you would enter -90.000 in the second box over before you did the 1 <enter> of the above procedure. You can also just do a 1 <enter> if you haven't changed motors/encoders and the encoder counts that are displayed match pretty closely

Last edited:
Tonytn, Was that your post? I saved it to Evernote for reference and didn't grab the authors name.

I would think I have posted that procedure before, but do not think that particular version was mine. Doesn't read like how I would word things. I took some time off from the board (almost 2 years I guess now) due to a heavy work load and a lot of international travel due to that work load, so I am sure someone else posted it since then.

Back