What's new
What's new

'Scheduled' operation with Okuma lathe OSP500L.

Question Boy

Stainless
So I've got the machine running the first part, and I've got a bar puller. Now I need to write the program that calls the part program and repeats x number of times. The manual describes how to write the scheduled program, but it's less than clear.

I know it need a block with these words:

PSELECT CAP.MIN Q30

Do I need any more than this? Some kind of beginning or end? I haven't tried yet, but I'm sure it can't be this simple. It never is.

QB

As far as I've been able to determine from the manuals, I have to write and run a schedule program. My schedule program looks like this:

N001 PSELECT CAP.MIN Q10
N002 END

The trouble is that the machine runs the program once, and then stops. I've tried changing the end of the main program (CAP.MIN) from M02 to M30 but nothing changes.

Anyone? Have I used up my weekly allotment of annoying Okuma questions?

QB

Try a M99 at the end of the main program and it should repeat, maybe, at least it does on a Fanuc. Haven't programmed an Okuma in 10 years, but my guess is the M30 is resetting the program.

M99 would not work, but the program will repeat continuously when I program:

N001 PSELECT CAP.MIN Q10
GOTO N001
N002 END

Apparently I'm not getting the Quantity (Q) programmed correctly.

QB

QB,

Here's what we use for our schedule program. We're running OSPE100L on LU300's, but I would think it would work the same.

N10 VSET V4=0
N20 PSELECT PROGRAM_NAME.NC
N30 VSET V4=V4+1
N40 IF [V4 LE 411] N20
N50 END

Hope this helps.
Brian

Go with this
N001 PSELECT CAP.MIN,,,Q10
N002 END
I am sure you need to add the three comma's to the line. This is on our E100 controls. Are you calling the program name a ???.SDF program? That is the naming to call up the schedule operation.

Thanks to all for the tips... I tried writing the schedule program several different ways, none of which worked. Through trial and error, and dumb luck, and lot's of random button pushing, I figured out that the machine will not repeat unless the work counter is set (the count down side). Even so, the control pays no attention to the Q word, but it will stop running once the count up meter equals the count down meter.

Next problem please.

QB

Try this, (Using V1 as your work counter and making 5 pcs)

N001 PSELECT CAP.MIN
IF V1 = 5 GOTO N002
GOTO N001
N002 END

or....

Put this before the line above the M30 in main program and forget the scheduled program altogether.

IF V1 = 5 GOTO N2
GOTO N1 (goes to program beginning)
N2 M30

Back