What's new
What's new

Seeking DSI NC2400 Punch Printer

Khillip

Plastic
I am interested in buying a working DSI NC2400 Punch Tape Printer. If anyone has one available or not using it anymore, I am willing to buy it. I do not think the model number matters.

I am interested in buying a working DSI NC2400 Punch Tape Printer. If anyone has one available or not using it anymore, I am willing to buy it. I do not think the model number matters.

Oh boy..
I haven't seen one of those in 20+ years. DSI went under and I know that Facit really wanted to forget they ever built any of these.
Ebay?

I checked Ebay, got nothing. It's my boss that is bugging me about it because he doesn't want to switch off the paper tapes. :nutter:

I checked Ebay, got nothing. It's my boss that is bugging me about it because he doesn't want to switch off the paper tapes. :nutter:
Paper tapes is good. They last for a long long time, unlike floppies, CD's, DVD's, Magneto-Optical, bubble memory, core memory, and I'm sure I'll think of some more when my random-access memory decides to wake up ....

We had a DSI, and two Facit's. One day we got a nasty letter from Facit stating that we had 21 days to get anything done we needed and after that they were completely dropping anything to do with their NC tape punch products. About a week after that, a near identical nasty-gram from Numeridex, were we used to get the punch tape supplies. You just "know" they had been talking.

After a while, I couldn't get paper tape, puncher maintenance, or anything related. So we bought a Greco mini-file which used floppies. Better than punch tape but just barely.

Now they have USB to RS-232, which may be the way to go.

This is kinda like finding pre-recorded reel-to-reel tapes. Long gone.

not looking for something to do, but we have a few teletypes shrink wrapped up on the pallet rack and I think there is an old Numeridex punch/ reader up there as well- still have the manual for the Numeridex too. As sad as the truth is, paper tape is/was amazingly trouble free.

I saw this post when I was googling dsi tape punches. I have a punch and a reader from a machine. I was going to list on them Ebay. Our shop is going to auction in October and I'm trying to clear stuff out. If you go to Facebook marketplace you can find pictures of what I have.

Back