What's new
What's new

Self brewed Mitsubishi Meldas M50 to M64B retrofit/upgrade -Success!!! hi,acccy,ctrl?

chevydyl

Aluminum
hey fellas, so as the title says, myself in the garage upgraded from a M50 to the much faster M64B-M. bout a year ago i had trouble with the 50 so i bought an M65, DOA. luckily though the 50 regained its heartbeat. so i swapped the 65 for a 64, also bought the base i/o board, dx-451. i tried to install it but found it to be more than i wanted to do, the plc is not compatible. so back to the 50, until about 3wks ago. it just died, i took it apart did some soldering and tossed it into the oven bam, back online for about 20 mins. rinse repeat about 15 more times until it finally just wouldnt boot. so..... m64 back in the cab, i knew what that meant, hand entering the ladder 2000 something steps yuck. i put the 50s all1 and parameters in. it boots, it moves, but huh.... its a M64B-D.rill control, no work offsets, No Spec it says when trying to set g54. 17kb of memory, so, many hours on the phone with Mitsubishi, then emailing. the 50s all1 options wouldnt not unlock on the 64. so mitsubishi, went above and beyond and sent me an All1 that was from a like machine with a 64. Boom we are now a 64M-B, machining center control! and....48 work offset expansion, high accuracy control mode, screen graphics, remote program input, computer link b, base 32k of memory, my 50 had 128k but i cant complain, my tool and spindle routines are on the control, and with computer link b running at 38400 baud, its a rocket ship now, 4 times faster than the 50, plus computer link b has a 32kb input buffer, not no 5 blocks lol. the machine is everything i wanted it to be now. i think i spent $400 on the control and the base i/o, next stop full 4th! would also like to replace the crt and keyboard.
i do have a question though, i need parameters for the high accuracy control mode, setting in the book range from 0-999999, anyone out there can share these settings with me?:D

Yeah, if it wasn't for my machine having the touchscreen and Mori U/I, I'd be tempted to hunt down an M64. I'd be amazed if the touchscreen and U/I would transfer to a different control. Where did you get your control?

i got it on ebay, and the required Base I/O board. touch screen would be badass, and yeah your GUI is waaaaay better.
if the Mori I/F has anything to do with the ALL1 file i would say not directly transferable. i notice inside the M50 there is a chip in a socket, and a sticker on that chip shows the software type code, im betting thats how Mori done it, they just swap in their own chip, unfortunately the M60 does not have that little socket being that its all control types in one and your software ALL1 specs out which one, when initialized its a D-drill control, load the ALL1 and it, in my case, becomes the M-machining center control, software version C. Look on your config page 1/2 S/W Module Tree, next to MP, my 64 says BND-363W000-CB (lathe software is W010) the sticker in my 50 says 800W000-D0. what machine do you have?

The touchscreen and U/I setup that Mori uses is essentially another computer in itself. It has its own parameters separate from the M50. For example you can have the CNC set to run in inch mode and the U/I can be in metric. You can have the CNC side be in Japanese language and the U/I be English. Plus the conversational programming (I've never used, but one of my sons played with it and said it seemed OK) is totally separate from the standard M50.

My machine is a TV30. This control setup is referred to as an MSC802M by Mori. AFAIK, Mori was the only user of the touchscreen setup from Mitsubishi. I've not seen it on any other brand.

oh nice, cute little machines! i noticed that in a picture of the inside of the electrical cabinet, i didnt see what was the normal 50M control unit like mine that has 6~ plugs in the front. didnt you also mention in another post that you also have a PCMA card reader for program memory?
also what does it say next to the MP on your software config page?

The Mori uses an "un-housed" version of the control. Just a single board with one daughter board on it which has input power and e-stop connections. The main board is connected to a Mori Seiki board under it by a 50 conductor HD ribbon cable. The Mori board has the I/O, servo bus, operator panel serial bus, a couple other serial bus interfaces, and so on.

Meldas 50m.jpg

Software version is BND-811W000-A7

Mori did provide a slot for an SRAM type PCMCIA card. It can be used to load or save any CNC data (programs, offsets, macro variables, parameters, and maintenance files). You can not run programs directly off the card though :( .

huh, you notice your control says FCA-50MM. bummer you cant use the card for Drip. i thought i would be kinda bummed about tye 32kb of memory, but with that computer link b its not noticable that its drip feeding yet, 38400 baud and 32kb input buffer. lol i havent run one single program out of fusion360 with the smoothing turned on in the 64, wow

hey fellas, so as the title says, myself in the garage upgraded from a M50 to the much faster M64B-M. bout a year ago i had trouble with the 50 so i bought an M65, DOA. luckily though the 50 regained its heartbeat. so i swapped the 65 for a 64, also bought the base i/o board, dx-451. i tried to install it but found it to be more than i wanted to do, the plc is not compatible. so back to the 50, until about 3wks ago. it just died, i took it apart did some soldering and tossed it into the oven bam, back online for about 20 mins. rinse repeat about 15 more times until it finally just wouldnt boot. so..... m64 back in the cab, i knew what that meant, hand entering the ladder 2000 something steps yuck. i put the 50s all1 and parameters in. it boots, it moves, but huh.... its a M64B-D.rill control, no work offsets, No Spec it says when trying to set g54. 17kb of memory, so, many hours on the phone with Mitsubishi, then emailing. the 50s all1 options wouldnt not unlock on the 64. so mitsubishi, went above and beyond and sent me an All1 that was from a like machine with a 64. Boom we are now a 64M-B, machining center control! and....48 work offset expansion, high accuracy control mode, screen graphics, remote program input, computer link b, base 32k of memory, my 50 had 128k but i cant complain, my tool and spindle routines are on the control, and with computer link b running at 38400 baud, its a rocket ship now, 4 times faster than the 50, plus computer link b has a 32kb input buffer, not no 5 blocks lol. the machine is everything i wanted it to be now. i think i spent $400 on the control and the base i/o, next stop full 4th! would also like to replace the crt and keyboard.
i do have a question though, i need parameters for the high accuracy control mode, setting in the book range from 0-999999, anyone out there can share these settings with me?:D
Hello, i have a 64s mitsubishi but no hsm specification, can you help me to activate this?

Back