What's new
What's new

Semi-OT--- Mazak RFQ delay.

ChipSplitter

Titanium
So I sent a quote request from their website with detailed information on what I was interested in (a QT series Y axis lathe).
I even got an automated email back from them saying that sales would be contacting me soon.
This was Thursday. So far, by Monday I haven't even got an email from a live person there.
I guess they don't want to sell machines..?? :nutter:

I figured with this virus thing going on they would be tripping over themselves to make a sale, but I guess not.

Is this typical of them? If it is I don't want to think about what happens when the warranty expires and we need parts......

So I sent a quote request from their website with detailed information on what I was interested in (a QT series Y axis lathe).
I even got an automated email back from them saying that sales would be contacting me soon.
This was Thursday. So far, by Monday I haven't even got an email from a live person there.

I figured with this virus thing going on they would be tripping over themselves to make a sale, but I guess not.

Is this typical of them? If it is I don't want to think about what happens when the warranty expires and we need parts......

Maybe reach out to your local seller.

It could take a couple of weeks before they 'Engage".

I was somewhat considering asking for a quote. if you do get a quote can you let me know the price. I was thinking about a qt msy.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume that Mazak isn't actually sending requests from their website to the distributor. I bought a machine about a year ago. Asked for a quote on a Variaxis... Nobody ever contacted me.

The whole relationship with distributors is a freaking mess. It's like they intentionally obfuscate the sales process and try to rope in as many bodies as possible to get a piece of that commission.

I think it depends on how much money you spend with them. We set up a Mazak shop some years ago. Boy they were massaging our balls for the money we spent. :D I think we bought probably 10 verticals with 4th axis rotaries, probably 10 y axis lathes, 2 big BIG hori, 1 pallet/table 3 axis (like wheelies Haas that changes the whole table out), 4 or 5 variaxis, and quite a few integrex's...

One of my shops has a Mazak msy twin turret/sub spindle they have been trying to sell. its a 2011 I believe.

I can get the ad if you want. Its not the same thing but probly a little cheaper overall

I think it depends on how much money you spend with them. We set up a Mazak shop some years ago. Boy they were massaging our balls for the money we spent. :D I think we bought probably 10 verticals with 4th axis rotaries, probably 10 y axis lathes, 2 big BIG hori, 1 pallet/table 3 axis (like wheelies Haas that changes the whole table out), 4 or 5 variaxis, and quite a few integrex's...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................................................................................................

I wouldn't want to be making the payments on that shop! :willy_nilly:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................................................................................................

I wouldn't want to be making the payments on that shop! :willy_nilly:

Meh, it was only something like a 70mil project, including building and stuff.... :sulk:

I think our monies at the time were around 18bil/year, pocket change LoL. :drool5:

Meh, it was only something like a 70mil project, including building and stuff.... :sulk:

I think our monies at the time were around 18bil/year, pocket change LoL. :drool5:

$70,000,00 for 10 years at zero interest is 70M/10/12= $583K / month........................still a LOT..............:scratchchin:

Pretty sure 70mil was almost their slush fund account LoL. They were flying a bunch (5-10) of us at a time for 3 week stints in Indonesia. Staying at a Hilton, with personal drivers, all meals, etc..

They actually flew the head honcho over for a one day meeting (yes one day!), business class of course. :rolleyes5: Gotta love big corps...

In my experience, this is typical of them, and is probably the sole reason why we don't have any Mazaks in our shop. But we are in the UK, would have thought things were different over there.

The last time I bothered to ask them, they finally sent me a quote a week after their we had signed a PO to one of their competitors, which was about six weeks after I made first contact, by phone, to a human being.

We have a shop full of Mazak's. Our latest was a QT-250, 1500mm bed length.

Just buy an Okuma & move on with life. You'll be glad you did...

When the Mazak guys finally comes in, you can show him your new machine, the deal you got on it, and have the last laugh.

We have a shop full of Mazak's. Our latest was a QT-250, 1500mm bed length.

Just buy an Okuma & move on with life. You'll be glad you did...

When the Mazak guys finally comes in, you can show him your new machine, the deal you got on it, and have the last laugh.

LOL.

Yesterday afternoon I submitted an RFQ on Okuma's website.

A sales person from Gosiger called me just now (less than 24 hours BTW) and we set a date for him to look at our application. ;)

Mazak still hasn't contacted me......:nutter:

LOL.

Yesterday afternoon I submitted an RFQ on Okuma's website.

A sales person from Gosiger called me just now (less than 24 hours BTW) and we set a date for him to look at our application. ;)

Mazak still hasn't contacted me......:nutter:

I've run into several people that know what they are talking about and have not so good things to say about Mazak

Yea Mazak service basically told me oh nobody looks at what goes through the website call you local dealer they may actually be able to help. I had put in a quote just to see the price and if it was worth a new machine vs used. I’m pretty small but looking to upgrade machines but dealers act like their price is a secret. I don’t have much reference on new prices except for haas.

Back