What's new
What's new

Setting g53

thepunchman

Plastic
Can someone help me please I can set g54 in fanuc but this anilam 5000 controller uses g53 and I have no idea. I can set the x and y but z escapes me please help

Can someone help me please I can set g54 in fanuc but this anilam 5000 controller uses g53 and I have no idea. I can set the x and y but z escapes me please help

Pretty sure G53 doesnt; get "set" as G53 is the machine coordinate system which should never change. I suppose it could change when re calibrating an axis for a repair but that is not what this sounds like.

Anilam really uses G53 as the work coordinate system? I feel like that is weird.

G53 is the machine coordinate system.

G53 moves ignore tool length offsets. Also you might have dry run turned on if you can't move in the Z direction.

Can you be more specific about what you are doing or trying to accomplish?

If its like an Anilam 6000M, your work origins are called out as G53o1 (Origin 1 like G54 on my Linux CNC machine) G53o2 (origin 2) etc.

I've never encountered that. Guess I learned something new today. Maybe the tool offsets were all positive values and he should have been using negative values then?

If its like an Anilam 6000M, your work origins are called out as G53o1 (Origin 1 like G54 on my Linux CNC machine) G53o2 (origin 2) etc.

This guy is correct. I ran a Fryer with an Anilam, though the exact model escapes me. The standard “G54” was “G53O1.0.” G55 would have been G53O2.0, and so on. I would set my X and Y in the offset table, and leave Z at 0. I would then set my Z in the tool page. Usually the tip of my tool on the top of the part.
OP, if this info isn’t what you wanted about setting these values let me know. I ran that machine for about 4 years. We sold that one but still have another kicking around in the shop that I use for larger parts that cross my to-do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home machine

Set part zero using the X0 Y0 Z0

Go to G53 off set page Calibrate X Y Z

Exit G53 page

MDI enter G53o1 for offset 1

Tool length of active tool - machine figure for Z = the figure that you put in G53 off set z table

Exit tool offset page

Zero Program Z value

MDI type G53o1 enter

And all the program X Y Z figures should be zero 0.00

Back