What's new
What's new

Setting parameters for CYCLE 32 on Heidenhain iTNC530

srp61

Aluminum
So our Cincinatti FTV840 with itnc530 control appears not to have had any of the settings set for Cycle 32(which is the high speed machining mode)
I suspect Cincinatti never set it up as highspeed roughing(and finishing) wasn't all that popular 15 years ago.

anyway the machine can be painfully slow to rough parts as its basically working in a tightly controlled feed-forward mode, you could call it high accuracy mode.

Id like to try setting up the HSC modes for finishing and roughing and I've got a pretty good idea how to tune the filters and jerk parameters using the built in oscilloscope however what I cant seem to figure out is how the machine knows what parameters to use when cycle 32 is set to 0 or 1(finishing/roughing), from what i can see in the manuals I can set certain values in manual or automatic operation, but nothing related to cycle 32.

I'm kind of thinking that there needs to be some plc logic to switch to a subset of parameters for the different modes but I again can't find any reference to cycle 32 setting any markers for the plc to read to do this.

This is a long shot but if anyone out there is familiar with setting up Heidenhain controls and could help out that would be awesome

Regards
Andrew

I have my cam post processor adjust my cycle 32 settings based on the cam tolerance so I don't go in the program and fiddle with it at all. For example for my work if I have a .0012 tolerance (inches), it knows that is a roughing toolpath and it sets the value to "1". According to Heidenhain the TO tolerance should be about 1.5 times your toolpath tolerance for the most optimum smoothing.

I have my cam post processor adjust my cycle 32 settings based on the cam tolerance so I don't go in the program and fiddle with it at all. For example for my work if I have a .0012 tolerance (inches), it knows that is a roughing toolpath and it sets the value to "1". According to Heidenhain the TO tolerance should be about 1.5 times your toolpath tolerance for the most optimum smoothing.

I do have my post processor set to do this automatically and to automatically set adaptive toolpaths to roughing mode however this has only a very minor improvement in speed.

the machine has the acell paramters set to 4ms-2 and the jerk to 4ms-3 sot it never gets to 4ms-2 at lower feed rate according to the formulat supplied by heidenhain at 4000mm/min feed(157in/min) the acelleration is only 0.5ms-2 which is only 0.05G

This is an excerpt from the tech manual
To attain a high machining velocity, the workpiece contour can be adapted to
the machine dynamics by means of a nominal position value filter. Here the
iTNC always complies with the tolerance (MP1096, Cycle 32), the axis-specific
jerk (MP1097.x, MP1098.x), the acceleration (MP1060.x) and the radial
acceleration (MP1070.x).
The iTNC calculates the filter parameters automatically. For test purposes, you
can deactivate some of the parameters in MP7684 bits 0 to 4 for the
calculation.
 Enter the permissible axis-specific jerk:
• For single filter: MP1097.x (at corners)
• For double filter: MP1098.x (at corners)
• For HSC filter: MP1098.x (at corners), MP1097.x (at curvature changes,
e.g. tangential transition from a line to an arc)
 In MP1096, define a tolerance for contour transitions. This tolerance can be
overwritten by the machine user with Cycle 32 “Tolerance.”
 Select from the following tables the input values for MP1099.x or MP1094.
Note the lowest resonance frequency of your machine axes and the desired
damping at this frequency.

What I'm looking to do is setup the filter parameters to enable more dynamic movement with cycle 32 in roughing mode and then in finishing switch back to the higher accuracy

What i have noticed is that the machine performs much better on linking moves which i have set at 20000mm/min feed which makes sense when i look at the parameters and above 15000mm/min feed the jerk is set to 25ms-3 which at 20000 feed yields 3ms-2 acell

Regards
Andrew

Back