What's new
What's new

Settings/Macros for Fanuc Control System, where do they get entered?

Casmer

Plastic
I have to listings of settings that i can't figure out where they get entered, or how to enter them. Can anyone help me with verifying how to make sure this are setup correctly and possibly what the :8000 and :8010 in them mean? Should i expect some other parameter or setting in the main controller to reference these?

View attachment OtherSettingsFile.zip

The first part of that file looks like pitch error compensation. Unless that's from your machine I would not load that as it would be meaningless and possibly harmful to the accuracy of your machine.

The other two files look like parameters configured like a normal program so they can be loaded en mass. A colon in front of a number is what you get when you store a program off of a Fanuc machine onto your computer. You put in O8000 and it returns :8000. Simple as that.

Load them into your machine like you would any program, put your machine in AUTO or MEMORY MODE and push the green button. You might want to add an M00 at the end or it will likely set an alarm with the file being open ended like it is. No big really. That is if you need these parameters for a lost parameters situation. I've never needed to load parameters and am not sure this is the normal way to do it or not. Usually when parameters are saved off a machine they do not come with a program number attached. Load these files at your own risk and only if needed.

Man, you are more brave than me. No way was I going to look at a .zip from some new forum member. Now that you have viewed them, would do us chicken folks good by posting the contents wrapped in code tags?

Man, you are more brave than me. No way was I going to look at a .zip from some new forum member. Now that you have viewed them, would do us chicken folks good by posting the contents wrapped in code tags?

Ha-ha... Yes I have to admit to feeling a touch of trepidation as the file was unzipping. Just felt the guy and/or his needs were legit. Don't know why. It did strike me like a shot in the dark there for a few seconds.

That is probably the first file like that I've touched in as long as I can remember, and maybe only the 2nd ever in my time on the internet since it became the internet. I'm pretty damn no-not-ever about those things.

Hope I'm not turning over a new leaf. :-) For all the daring, I hope it helped what I could offer.

Back