What's new
What's new

Sharnoa SVC 24M question

djb282000

Plastic
Hello all.

Just have a quick question.

I have an opportunity to pick up a Sharnoa SVC 24M for around 1000 buck. I am wondering what they are worth.

According to the owner is is currently running jobs in his shop but he is getting a new machine and wants this one gone. asap

I do not do this kind of work for a living and this would just be a hobby toy to mess around with and make parts that i may need.

I know it will take up a lot of space but i am willing to put it in the shop.

I know the company is out of business so can i still get parts if needed.

Any help or even a stay away would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help

DJ

If it’s the one that a member is offering for free(should give you a clue to it’s worth :) ), what do you really have to lose?
Old machines with obsolete controls often go for scrap price, businesses won’t usually touch them even when they are functional, because they can’t afford to be stuck if it dies in the middle of a job.
When the control dies, you either troubleshoot and fix it( takes skills that not everyone has),scrap it, or spend thousands retrofitting a new control ( like Centroid)

$1000(assume rigging charges) is pretty cheap entry price into a VMC, but don’t forget about the (not insubstantial) cost of tooling it up-vises, endmills, endmill holders etc

I thought about taking the drive to Pa, but decided a Fadal ( parts still available from several places) would be a better fit for me.

Keep us in the loop, curious how it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back