What's new
What's new

Sharp SV 2412 Overtravel alarms all axis

kctallguy

Aluminum
So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a 2006 Sharp SV-2412 with a Fanuc Oi- MB controller. I blew an air line going to the spindle for the drawbar so I stopped the machine and proceeded to work on it. In the midst of fixing the air line I got an "971 NMI OCCURRED IN SLC" alarm. Thought this was strange. Shut down the machine and turned it back on and I have 4 alarms.

1000 X AXIS OVER TRAVEL
1010 Y AXIS OVER TRAVEL
1020 Z AXIS OVER TRAVEL
1040 COOLANT PUMP OVERLOAD

I was running parts all day with no problems till the air line blew. Went to fix that and now this. Anyone out there willing to help or has any ideas please let me know. I've checked the breakers and they are all good unless there are some hidden I can't find. Thanks and cheers.
56d6064fb02352479bff599384c7e756.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My first thought would be to check 24V power supply. That is one thing common to alarms like that. Those alarms are generated by the machine builders ladder program.

I have 24v at the power supply and checked for 24v at the I/O boards as well. It almost seems like the I/O board for these "switches" aren't getting sent to the Fanuc side of things if that makes any sense.

My book says "971 NMI occurred in SLC"

"With the PMC-SA1, an I/O Link disconnection was detected. Check the I/O Link."

FWIW

2005 SV2412 Oi Mate-MB

Check the fuses on your I/O boards in the back of the machine. The originals are black and you can't see through them so you have to check them with a multimeter. I had a blown one that caused my problems.

Have you changed the APC servo battery recently?
I'd probably start by putting a new one in since the only last about 1 year, make sure everything is an inch or 2 from home, restart, home everything if it will and go from there.

+1 on the fuse in the back. Mine was, IIRC, a small 1amp fuse. I had a problem a while back, where I was fiddling with the prox switch position for the drawbar cylinder, and accidentally touched the back of the manual spindle release button terminal to metal on the head. It blew that little fuse. I don't recall what the alarms I had were, but they must have been similar to yours. I was puzzled for a bit, but figured I had blown something. Opened rear cabinet, saw a little bag of spare fuses, and checked fuse mounted in panel, wide open. Popped new fuse in, good to go.

Back