What's new
What's new

Sharp SV2412 positioning errors

NormWilliams

Plastic
I'm having trouble with my 2003 Sharp SV2412. I downloaded a program and the machine did not go where it was supposed to. The first time it looked like the XY movement was correct but the Z height was at least 4" too high.(Much better than too low!) I restarted the machine and it ran what I wanted. I then had a hole pattern and it did 6 of the 8 hole just fine but then it moved to the wrong position for the 7th hole. I restarted again and sent it a program for the last 2 holes. It went to a totally wrong position. The position was wrong in all 3 axis'.
Has anyone experienced this and if so what is the fix?
Thanks, Norm

I saw things like this when coming out of the tool change - the SV-2412 macro stays in G91. Check to make sure you have a G90 call after every tool change.

This of course assumes that all those drilled holes weren't with the same tool LOL.

Check that the Manual Absolute setting or switch is turned on. The machine builder determines how they want that so you will need to check you Sharp manual to see how they do that.

I have a 2005 SV2412. It has no man/abs switch like the old days, but there may be something inside the enclosure somewhere.

OP does not even tell us the control, there was more than fanuc available...

Running in MLock or ZLock can cause the machine to get lost too...

I would like to see the program, and verify that an MDI command G90 G0 X0Y0 puts the machine in the right place per the machine position and G54 numbers.

My Sharp does not have absolute encoders, so it's important to origin all axis (relative) at home position before setting tool offsets or the tool lengths can be way off.

And what was already mentioned- you need a G90 after every tool change or you'll be in incremental (fanuc)...

You're right it was my bad for not telling you what controller I have. It is a Fanuc O-MD.
I've just downloaded the spot drill op and ran it multiple times and it went fine so I downloaded the rigid tap part of the program and tapped the holes. The M ABS button does want to be on. I may have inadvertently turned it off at some point.
I'll load up the next part and see how things work out.
Stay posted.

I have a 2005 SV2412. It has no man/abs switch like the old days, but there may be something inside the enclosure somewhere....

Probably a softkey or keeprelay. I have seen a couple instances where it was hard coded on in the ladder.

The old days of having a toggle on the panel caused so many places trouble when operators that did not know what it was would turn it off. A very rarely used feature, but sure handy when you need it and know how it works.

Sorry I haven't been back sooner.
It looks like it was the m abs switch. I've done two more parts and they came out fine. Thanks for your help.

Back