What's new
What's new

Shipping Fadal 3016 from CA to FL

fltenwheeler

Plastic
Hi all

Who do I contact to move a Fadal 3016 from CA to FL? Do I contact a rigger or a trucking company? Are there companies that deal with type of movement?

Thanks

Tim

Have you tried to Google search Riggers in California? Is the Fadal New?? I seriously doubt it. I personally wouldn't touch one of those with a stick.

Who do I contact to move a Fadal 3016 from CA to FL? Do I contact a rigger or a trucking company? Are there companies that deal with type of movement?

Thanks

Tim[/QUOTE]

Do you need a rigger on either end? I'd start there.

Private sale, or through a dealer? If its through a dealer,
have them arrange the shipping..

In my experience, I can't get the rates that a dealer or a rigger
can.. I always end up being quoted double plus what they can
get the shipping for..

I haven't done it yet. But if I'm ever in a position where there
isn't a rigger on either end, and its a private sale, I'm going to
call up my friendly local machine tool dealer salesman.. Even
if it costs me a few hundred bucks, I'd still be money ahead..

Arranging shipping as someone that doesn't do it often SUCKS!!!!

I hope the sales end preps the machine right when it is shipped, block the head rust proof it make it injury proof so to speak, then there are the tie down points so the trucker doesn’t tie off on the electrical cabinet . Hope everything arrives and in the same shape as you bought it.
For that size machine maybe check into a hot shot service, ive had good luck with some of those guys for small machine transport.

When I find it I don’t need it
When I need it I can’t find it!

That machine also has a counter weight that requires pinning before transport.

I hope the sales end preps the machine right when it is shipped, block the head rust proof it make it injury proof so to speak, then there are the tie down points so the trucker doesn’t tie off on the electrical cabinet . Hope everything arrives and in the same shape as you bought it.
For that size machine maybe check into a hot shot service, ive had good luck with some of those guys for small machine transport.

When I find it I don’t need it
When I need it I can’t find it!

Specialized Equipment 909 591 0851 ask for Joey
How old is that guy ? Or do they just use that name for whoever answers the phone ? I swear they were hauling machines in 1975 and Joey was the talk-to guy. I used them a few times, they were okay.

If you just need trucking and the seller can prep the machine and load it, Two Brothers Trucking in Napa (or somewhere close) also does a good job of finding someone to haul it.

So we just had a 3016 moved from San Dimas. Pretty close to Tustin. I thought we did good price wise and the machine arrived safe. But Florida Is allot farther than Idaho from the West Coast. So I wouldn't count on It being cheap. I'd guess between rigging and shipping your looking at about $5,000 to get it done. Plus rigging on your end. If you can get the whole deal done for $5,000 I'd say you did alright. Hope you got a good deal.

Here's the rigger and trucker we used.

redlinemachinerymovers.com

Home | allways

Hi all

Thanks

Tim

I would get a quote from All-Ways Trucking for the freight. Home | allways. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. I work with Brett Daniel. In regards to rigging, if the seller is replacing with a new machine, I would just have the rigger that brings the new machine pick up the Fadal and bring it to their warehouse where the truck taking it to Florida can pick it up on their schedule. If the seller is not bringing in a new machine, some local riggers I would recommend here in SoCal are Inland Rigging in Riverside, CA or BP Machinery Moving in Orange County.
PS. I am somewhat familiar with the machine you are looking at in Tustin, it was very nice when they got it a few years ago. I am pretty certain he will be replacing with another machine. Best regards.

Back